Chapter 5: Annoyed Too Much

The Herd made their way over to Aspik with the wolves leading them.

Tackle spotted a puddle and Diego noticed him wandering off and he looked at his cub worried.

Tackle walked over to it and saw his reflection, his eyes on his missing tooth. His ears were flat, recalling the first time he faced Ramous. Tackle was scared. Scared to face Ramous.

"Tackle" the cub's ears twitched at his dad's voice. And he looked away from the puddle. Diego came and sat next to his cub. "You ok bud?" He asked his cub and Tackle shook his head. He licked the spot where his right tooth was.

Diego looked at him worried. "Still missing that tooth?" He asked him and Tackle. "I want my tooth back. I felt like that after I lost my tooth, I'm just...not that confident anymore. I feel like I lost a part of myself" Tackle told him, his ears down.

Diego nudged his cub and Tackle looked at him. Diego smiled at his son warmly "look I know losing your tooth is rough. Believe me, any saber would feel upset if they lose their tooth. But it's also normal to be scared. Even I get scared. Like when Ramous chased you, I was scared I wasn't gonna make it in time" Diego told Tackle.

"But you can't stay scared forever. You have to face your fear and be brave. And I know you're brave" he finished and Tackle smiled at him "thanks dad" Tackle said and nuzzled his father, purring.

WHACK! "Ow!" Diego said, rubbing his head. Granny had come up and hit him in the head with her cane. "Hey saber, help me find my crystal" she ordered as she kept looking for it. Diego sighed "Good thing she showed up after the moment" Diego commented.

Meanwhile, the others were walking while Diego, Tackle and Granny caught up with them. Peaches was gonna take a step but then "ah!" She yelped startled. Everyone turned around alarmed and they a black tail with green gems on it disappear into the bushes.

"You ok Fuzzball?" Manny asked worried, everyone was wide eye at what they just saw moments before it disappeared. Peaches breathed heavy and she looked so spooked. "Y-yeah I'm ok" she stuttered still spook.

Talia walked over and sniffed the spot. Her face frowned at finding Aspik's scent. "Aspik knows we're coming" she said serious as Jake walked up to her "well at least she's expecting us. She doesn't really like unexpected guests" he commented, hoping to lighten up the mood.

"You mean like Ramous J Dog?" Vibe asked, wagging her tail. Jake nodded. "Ow!" The yellow wolf yelped in pain all of a sudden and he turned around and saw Granny pulling his tail. "What are you doing?!" He asked puzzled and surprised as Granny let go of his tail and he wagged it and blew on it to shake off the pain.

"Looking for my crystal Buttercup" Granny told him as she started going into the bushes, rummaging through it. "It amazes me that slothes aren't extinct yet" Talia commented sarcastically. " I never thought about that. But that is a pretty good question" Diego agreed with her.

"Hey hey hey! Put me down!" A voice came up complaining. Granny pulled something out of the bushes. It was Kiko and Granny had the ferret by the tail as he struggled.

"Hey weasel have you seen my crystal?" Granny asked him. Manny grabbed the old sloth and Ellie gently took Kiko out of Granny's grasp.

"Granny that's a friend of ours" Sid told her as Ellie put Kiko down. Tackle ran up to his friend "Sorry Kiko. That's Granny. She's a well a wild one" Tackle explained to him as Ferry rubbed his poor tail.

"Wild one? Good one Tackle" Shira told him smirking. She could think of some other names for Granny. Vibe saw Kiko and she started feeling annoyed to see him with Tackle so she walked over to the two.

"So what are you doing?" She asked Ferry, squeezing in between the ferret and saber cub on purpose. Kiko glared at her, sensing she meant it.

"Well I was getting berries until Granny grabbed me and held me upside down like a possum! Do I look like a possum?" He complained to them, crossing his arms.

"Enough. If you're done talking, let's keep going" Talia told them annoyed. The Herd kept going and Kiko joined them. Talia spotted a den covered in moss and vines.

"There it is. Aspik's den" Jake told them. Talia turned to them with a smirk, her eyes on the possums "Ready to meet the snake?" She asked darkly and then growled. The possum bros got scared and hid behind Ellie's hair. Talia smirked amused.

She turned around, her smirk turned into serious and hesitant "Adah I hope you're right about this" she told herself and looked at the den, a little scared.

Jake sensed her fear and he walked up and joined her side. She looked at him and he smiled at her reassuringly and Talia smiled at him a little, feeling comfort to have him by her side. "Aspik are you there?" She called out and at first was silence. Everything got quiet. The Herd stood there, their eyes scanning and their ears twitching for anything.

"Huh maybe she's not home" Sid suggested, breaking the silence and everyone looked at him. "Think again?" A female voice came up and the Herd looked back at the den surprised.