Chapter 11: A Crystal for a Tooth

"Ramous!" A voice called out that Ramous recognized and it halted his pounce. Tackle looked up only to find a large figure leap over his two friends and land between him and Ramous.

"Adah?" Tackle said surprised to see the blue saber. Adah stood strongly, staring down serious at Ramous. The rouge saber was shocked for a moment but his face relaxed into a smirk.

"Adah. It's been a long time old friend" Ramous told him and he looked up and saw Saya there alongside Vibe and Ferry.

"Saya. So you told on me? Typical" Ramous commented annoyed. Adah shook his head at him "This has to stop Ramous. You can't just keep hunting the Herd like this." Adah pleaded worriedly.

Ramous glared at him, his ears flat "I won't let the Herd defeat me that easily" Ramous told him annoyed and his eyes went down to Tackle. Ramous glared at him and growled.

"Especially Tackle." Ramous said angry and Tackle hissed at him. Tackle was no longer going to be scared of the saber.

Adah walked up closer so Tackle was under him behind on of his front paws as a way to protect him. "He's just a cub" Adah pointed out. The blue saber can tell Tackle was special but he also knew that Tackle was still a cub and can't protect himself.

"Cubs grow up. And this one I'm not letting him live another second" Ramous threatened as he growled, walking closed. Adah snarled at him and Ramous stepped back intimidated.

Tackle was surprised to see Ramous back off. "Back off Adah" Ramous threatened him angrily, growling, his mane standing up. "I don't want to fight you" Adah told him calmly and a bit desperate. Adah didn't want to fight his friend.

Ramous retracted his claws and Adah's face got serious "But I will if it means protecting Tackle" he said serious and glared at the younger saber. The two stared at eachother, everything silent. Tackle looked at the two but he was in a pounce stance ready for anything.

Vibe and Ferry watched anxiously while Saya looked worried, her ears down.

Finally, Ramous had his head down and sighed in defeat. His claws went back inside and he started to walk past them "This isn't over old friend" Ramous promised, lifting his head up to look at Adah before he ran off.

Adah looked down at Tackle with worry and the cub looked at him "He'll be back. Ramous doesn't give up easily" Adah warned him with concern. Tackle's ears fell knowing he would have to look out for Ramous. But the cub's ears went back up and he smiled confident.

"If my Herd and I can beat him twice, we can do it again. Bring it on" he said confident, making a pounce stance. Adah smiled at Tackle, the cub's confidence in himself and the Herd calmed him down. Adah was having hope on the cub.

Adah nuzzled Tackle like he was his own cub and he looked up at Saya. He smiled at her and motioned for them to go. Saya nodded and she jumped down and the two ran off.

Tackle noticed his tooth still lying on the ground. He walked up to it as his two friends jumped down and the cub held the tooth in his paw. Tackle smiled, feeling that part of himself that was lost, his bravery and confidence, was back and he was ready for anything.

Meanwhile, the Herd were running, hoping Tackle was ok. Sid was riding Manny and he spotted something purple in the path. His eyes widen when he realized who it was. "Granny?! Granny where have you been?!" Sid yelled out as they got closer to her.

"Uncle Sid! Granny!" Tackle's voice came up and they saw the cub, Vibe and Ferry coming back from the other side. "Tackle!" Diego said relieved to see him ok.

Granny saw the kids first and turned to them "Good thing you kids are here. I stubbed my toe on something hard. Look" Granny complained and motioned her walking stick to the ground. Something shiny was poking out in the snow. Vibe sniffed it and her ears perked at a scent familar to her.