Chapter 10: Facing Your Fear

Ramous kept chasing Vibe, the pup was carrying Ferry on her back while holding Tackle by the scruff of his fur.

Tackle's eyes widen in fear at the saber, his heart pounding so fiercely. "Can't you go any faster?" Tackle asked Vibe. "I'm trying" Vibe said between her teeth since she was holding his scruff.

Ferry was on her back, holding on tight to her mane and his eyes spotted something and he gasped. "Um guys. There's a dead end ahead." Ferry said worried and the three kids spotted someone in front of them. It was purple and small and it was...Granny.

"Granny?!" The kids said surprised as they reached the dead end. "Now where did I put that crystal?" Granny asked distracted as she poked around looking for her crystal, completely oblivious to the three kids and rouge saber chase coming her way.

She looked up and spotted them "You kids here to help me find my crystal?" She asked them as Vibe put Tackle down, the three kids looking for a way out. Vibe spotted a snowy ledge above their heads with a log below that they could use for climbing. "I didn't find a crystal. But I did find a way out" Vibe told them, motioning her head up to their way out.

"ROAR!"

The four turned their heads startled as Ramous roared. The saber had stopped running and was standing there, catching his breath. When his eyes met Tackle's, Ramous let out a snarl in fury.

Tackle shook scared and froze in place. Vibe gasped and realized they had to move fast. She grabbed Ferry and threw him up to the ledge. "Hey! I ain't going nowhere til I find my crystal!" Granny complained as Vibe grabbed her and threw her up. Vibe leaped up to the ledge with ease. She turned around and gasped to see Tackle still down there.

Ramous roared again and started approaching Tackle, the cub stood there scared, his ears down.

"Tackle! Climb up Tackle! Climb up!" Vibe called down to him but Tackle was frozen in fear to listen. Tackle shivered and whimpered as Ramous approached him slowly and snarling.

"Why won't you fight? Fight me like you did before! ROAR!" Ramous demanded furious and snarled again. Tackle winced scared. The cub wasn't sure what to do. He was still shook from their first encounter.

"You were lucky the first time. But this time I will destroy you" Ramous said as he got closer that Tackle had no way of escape.

"I wondered if that nice kitty has seen my crystal" Granny wondered clueless and jumped off the ledge. "Huh?!" Vibe and Ferry both said shocked.

The old sloth fell in between the sabers, startling them. In the process, Tackle's tooth, which was hidden in his fur, had fell out next to Ramous's paw.

"Excuse me sunny but have you seen my crystal? I need to look gorgeous again" Granny asked him as Ramous stared at her puzzled and wierded out. She caught something shiny from the corner of her eye from afar. "Oh I wonder if that's my crystal shimmering?" Granny asked as she wandered off, everyone watching her leave and blinking.

"It amazes my how slothes aren't an endangered species" Ramous commented plainly, shaking his head but then his eyes spotted the tooth. He bent down and sniffed the tooth, finding Tackle's scent on it.

Ramous's eyes looked up and he saw that Tackle was missing his right tooth. Ramous smirked at him and chuckled "At least when I defeat you, I'll already have a trophy" he taunted as his paw blocked the tooth.

Tackle gasped at the situation. Ramous crouched down, ready to pounce on Tackle and finished him.

"you can't stay scared forever. You have to face your fear and be brave. And I know you're brave" Diego's advice echoed in Tackle's head and the cub felt the fear slowly disappear at his dad's words. He had faced Ramous before and won. He could do it again.

The cub looked at Ramous who was about to pounce. Tackle glared at him and growled at him and quickly he jumped onto Ramous's face.

Ramous roared and growled annoyed as he tried to shake the cub off him. Tackle let go and jumped back, landing on his feet.

"I'll admit I'm scared of you from the moment we met. But I'm gonna fight my fear and take you down" Tackle told him bravely.

"You? Beat me? Hah!" Ramous taunted and laughed. "You're just a cub. But I know if you live, you'll grow and I'll be rusty which will give you the advantage of defeating me" Ramous explained him to angrily.

Tackle growled at him and stared at him in his eyes "I'm not afraid of you Ramous. I beat you before and I can do it again. Do you hear me?!" Tackle told him loudly and Ramous glared at him and snarled.

"I beat you once! And I can do it again! My Herd and I will take defeat you!" Tackle told him confident.

Ramous smirked at him amazed "Bring it on" Ramous told him. They both crouched down, glaring at eachother, their muscles ready to pounce on eachother.

Tackle growled at Ramous. He knew he wasn't big enough to fight but he was gonna give it all. Ramous let out a roar, about to pounce and....

Find out what happens in the final chapter!