Chapter 8: De ja vu

Tackle quickly ran with Vibe and Ferry by his sides. "So what's the plan fuzzy?" Vibe asked curious. "We're gonna get me tooth back!" Tackle said determined and upset. "I already lost my tooth to Ramous. This is my only chance to get it back" Tackle explained.

Ferry looked at his friend worried "But how will getting your tooth back help you?" Ferry asked and Tackle's eyes widen in realization. He slowed down to a stop and looked down unsure, his ears flats. "I just...I just think it will make me feel better if I have my tooth back" Tackle tried to explain as his two friends looked at him concerned.

Vibe walked up to Tackle at his side and nuzzled his cheek "We're with ya every way Tackle" Vibe told him confident with a smile and Ferry came up at the other side, patting his friend's shoulder "Your best friends are here always" Ferry said and Tackle smiled at them both.

But Tackle smelled something familar and he started sniffing the air. One deep smell and his eyes widen in realization and his heart raced.

"Hide!" He whispered and quickly turned around and pounced on Vibe and Ferry, making them crouch down.

Out of the corner...Ramous. The saber came out passing by with the rest of the pack. The kids froze and stayed quiet. Tackle's eyes widen shock to see him, the young cub recalling when they first met.

The pack moved on but Sasha stopped with her ears perked up and alert. "Hmm" she said suspicious, her eyes turned to the corner that the kids were hiding behind. Sasha got her arrow out and pointed it at the corner, approaching it catiously and she quickly jumped at with her arrow and...

There was nothing. Nothing was hiding in the corner. Sasha relaxed a bit and lowered her arrow but she was still suspicious. The weasel took one more look before walking off.

Vibe had jumped up to the top of the snow with Tackle and Ferry on her back. "Where are they going?" Ferry asks curious.

"You know where he's going? Aspik" Vibe said serious and Tackle and Ferry looked at her. "Aspik?" Ferry said puzzled.

Vibe nodded "Yeah. Ramous has a grudge on her for their last encounter" she explained and the two noticed Tackle was walking away. "He's also someone I don't wanna encounter again" Tackle said afraid "Come on let's get my tooth back" Tackle said and ran off with his friends.

Ramous and his pack reached the cave, the saber eyed the place with caution. "Stay alert" he told them and then the sound of a snake hissing came.

Ramous and Kali snarled in defense, Kwatak hid behind Sasha while the weasel held her bow and arrow out.

"It's been a while Ramous. Never thought you'd have the courage to come to my territory again" Aspik spoke as she slithered on the snow, behind them.

Ramous caught her scent and turned around, hissing at her with rage. "Aspik" he said in an angry tone. Sasha shot her arrow at her but Aspik dodged the arrow so fast and the arrow disappeared.

The snake reappeared in front of them, the arrow had been caught qnd wrapped around her coil. Aspik hissed at them and Ramous snarled at her angrily.

Tackle, Vibe and Ferry came on top of the snow and spotted Ramous and Aspik. The cub crouched down to avoid getting spotted. "Tackle" his ears perked at a whisper and he turned around and saw Sid.

"Uncle Sid? What are you doing here?" Tackle said puzzled as the sloth joined his side. "Ow!" Sid yelped when he felt a sting and the kids shushed him "shh! They'll see us!" Ferry told him nervously. Sid stood up and held his hand "Sorry I stepped on something. Check out this weird splinter" Sid said, showing his hand.

Tackle rolled his eyes while Vibe stuck her tongue out digusted and Ferry shook his head"Sid it's just a-!" Tackle started but stopped when he realized that wasn't a splinter and his eyes widen.

"MY TOOTH!" Tackle yelled out excited when he realized it was his tooth stuck in the sloth and he plucked it out but his yelled echoed and Ramous and Aspik turned to his direction.

Ramous and Tackle made eye contact. Tackle gasped and stood up quickly, ready to run. Ramous stared at him wide eye, recognizing the cub.

Sid panic and spotted Scrat running by with his acorn. "Sorry" Sid apologized and sloth quickly grabbed the acorn, threw Scrat off and quickly threw the acorn at Ramous.

It hit his nose but it didn't faze the saber. "Oh. That didn't work" Sid said and Ramous got furious, shaking a little "YOU!" Ramous yelled out angry.

"RUN!" Tackle yelled and quickly turned around and run with Ramous and his pack chasing them while Aspik quickly slithered away.