Chapter 7: Tooth Trouble

Aspik was holding Tackle's saber tooth in her tail.

The cub turn to the wolves "Did you two know about this?" Tackle asked, upset at his tooth being taken. "Well Aspik loves to collect stuff. But we didn't she had your tooth" Jake explained to him.

Aspik chuckled and Tackle turned around to look at her, glaring "I was there when you fought Ramous" she said as she recalled the moment. "After you went out from activating the asteriod, I snuck by you and took the tooth. A sabertooth is a rare thing to collect...and will come in handy to me" Aspik said amused.

Tackle growled at her angry and crouched down to pounce and he leapt up. "Tackle no!" Shira yelled snd tried to catch him but too late. "Stop him!" Talia yelled out alarmed and wide eye.

Tackle grabbed onto Aspik's tail, his paw trying to grab the tooth. Aspik hissed enrage and swung her tail to get Tackle off. Shira caught her cub by the scruff of his fur.

Aspik hissed at the Herd, showing her sharp fangs, the gemstones on her glowing brighter. The Herd stepped back afraid. Shira had her ears back and her eyes wide afraid but she still held on to her cub, determined to keep him away from the snake.

"If there's one thing I can't stand...it's disrespect" Aspik said, her eyes on Tackle and Shira quickly backed away but the snake had her body behind them, trapping them and splitting them from the Herd.

Shira turned around to look at Diego "Shira! Tackle!" Diego said worried. Shira turned around, snarling and Aspik lunged at her but Jake jumped between the two and swatted Aspik's face to save Shira and Tackle.

"Run!" Jake told them and Shira jumped over the snake with Jake sliding under. The whole Herd quickly ran with Aspik shaking her head and hissing at them but the snake then notice that the tooth she wss holding was suddenly missing.

Somewhere else, Ramous and his pack were walking by. The rouge saber's ears perked at Aspik's hissing from afar and Ramous growled but he was a little afraid.

Kali noticed this and walked up to her mate's side. "Ramous" Kali asked concerned "It's been awhile since I've seen the snake" Ramous told her nervously.

Kali nuzzled his face to comfort him and smirked at him "You survived her the first time. No one has ever survived encountering Aspik but you. This time you'll be the one who defeats Aspik" Kali told him.

"Yeah" Sasha said and Ramous looked at the weasel who was sharpening her arrow "Having something from the snake as a trophy would be pretty cool" Sasha commented as she examined her arrow. Ramous thought about it and smirked and chuckled evilly. "Aspik won't get the jump on me this time. Heh heh" Ramous said as he continued walking with his pack.

But hiding in the snow behind them appeared Saya who was spying on them. The fox had a worried look on her face "I must warn Adah" she said and ran off.

Back to the Herd, the animals had gotten far from the snake and slowed down and stop to catch their breaths. Shira put Tackle down and she sat down to catch her breath.

"Well that uh wasn't so bad" Sid commented, a little freaked out with a nervous smile. "Yeah sure. If you call almost getting eaten by that snake wasn't so bad" Diego said sarcastically as he stood up.

"Well at least we made it out alive" Jake commented, happy to still be breathing. Talia licked her mate on the cheek "True. I'm glad you did" she told him relieved. Diego walked up to Shira and nuzzled her worriedly "Shira you ok?" He asked her and Shira smiled at him and chuckled "I'm fine Diego. I've been through worse" she assured him.

Diego then looked around angrily for his cub, upset that Tackle risked putting them in danger. He understood that Tackle wanted his tooth back but it wasn't worth putting Jake and Shira in danger.

"Tackle! Where is that little furball?" Diego said angry, looking for the cub. "Um guys" Peaches's voice came up and even looked at her. Peaches had a nervous look on her face "Um Vibe and Ferry aren't here either" she said, having a bad feeling.

Everyone's eyes widen and Buck spotted something "look!" He said and jumped off of Julian and on the snow. The others gathered and saw some tracks different from eachother.

Buck licked one of them "Hmm. Ferret" he concluded as Talia and Diego sniffed the tracks "A painted hyena" Talia said a little annoyed. "And a saber cub. They're going back to the snake!" Diego said wide eye and alarmed.

"Then we gotta get to them before it's too late. Come on!" Buck told them and the others quickly ran back to find the kids.