Chapter 9: The Rouges are Back

"I can't believe he ran back to that snake just to get his tooth back!" Diego complained furious as he ran ahead with Manny...and Granny.

"Oh ain't this a nice ride" Granny said amused and oblivious. Manny had her on his back.

"ROAR!" The three stopped running when they heard a loud roar.

"AAAH!" The trio heard Sid screaming and looked down and saw the sloth running with Vibe and Ferry behind him. Vibe looked up and saw the saber "We got trouble!" Vibe yelled out alarmed.

Diego looked ahead and Tackle came running with Ramous chasing him. "You little furball! You blew me up in the sky!" Ramous yelled furious as the rest of his pack followed him.

"Tackle!" Diego yelled out alarmed, his dad instincts kicking in and he quickly ran ahead and jumped off, pouncing on Ramous. The brown saber pinned the gray one on the ground.

"Dad!" Tackle said as he turned around. Diego looked at him angry while his paw kept Ramous pinned down. "I'll kill you later. Just get out of here!" Diego told him as Ramous struggled to get up.

"You heard cranky cat let's go!" Vibe said and grabbed Tackle by the scruff of his fur with her mouth and dashed off.

"You are not getting my son!" Diego snarled a warning at Ramous as they glared at eachother. "We'll see" Ramous told him.

"ROAR!" Suddenly, Diego got knocked off of Ramous and pounced on by a roaring Kali and now he was pinned. Ramous quickly took the chance and ran after the cub with Sasha and Kwatak behind him.

The three kids ran around the corner and out came Manny. Ramous halted wide eye and Manny swung his trunk at him but the saber was quick and slid under and continued the chase.

Manny turned to chase after him "oh no you don't!" Sasha yelled as she got a vine grappling hook and used her bow and arrow and shot it, the vine wrapped around Manny's tusk, startling the mammoth.

"Distract him Kwatak!" Sasha ordered as she quickly went to tie the vine down on a large rock twice her size and the crow flew in front of the mammoth's face and pecked him.

"We gotta do something Granny! Granny?" Sid said and noticed his grandma had wandered off again. Sid's eyes bulged and he yelped "What! Right now?! I'm gonna have to find Granny later! Geronimo!" Sid yelled as he jumped off and fell right on the crow.  "Ow" they both moaned in pain.

Shira arrived with Ellie, watching the fight, her eyes scanned rapidly for her mate and cub until they caught Diego struggling to get Kali off him. Shira quickly ran to their direction, jumped and lunged at Kali, getting her off of Diego.

"Paws off my mate" she warned Kali firmly and turned to Diego, smirking and she smirked back at her "Kinda like that time I pinned you when I was a pirate" she reminded and Diego chuckled at her "I got your back" she told him genuinely and Diego smiled at her.

Sid got up and tried to remove the grappling hook off of Manny's tusk "ow!" He felt something sharp hit his tail and he found it was an arrow. Sasha was shooting arrows at them.

Ellie saw the whole thing and tried to think of an idea. She spotted a tree in Sasha's direction and quickly charged into the tree, her full strength knocking it down.

The weasel's ears twitched at sound of the tree creaking and shadow loomed over her and she quickly turned around and spotted the falling tree.

Sasha quickly jumped out of the way as the tree fell on the ground. Her daggar fell out of her belt and slid all the way to the sloth's foot. "Oh that works perfect" Sid said as he grabbed the daggar and cut the vine off of Manny's tusk.

Shira couldn't hold Kali down any longer and she got off of her, the two snarling and circling eachother. "Your cub's going to pay for what he did to my mate" Kali told her angrily.

Shira just smirked at her "Guess he's got a way of defeating bad guys. Just like his dad" Shira taunted amusingly. Kali snarled and lunged at her. The two sabers fought eachother and Shira pushed her back.

The silver saber smirked at her "And speaking of his dad..." she said and Kali's ears twitched from a sound behind her and she quickly turned around. Diego pounced on Kasha, the two rolling and Diego pushed her off him.

Diego and Shira fist bumped. Manny quickly grabbed Sid and using him like a nunchuck, he swung the sloth on the crow, sending the bird flying to the ground. Manny swung the sloth again at Sasha but the weasel quickly dodged it and backflipped away near Kali.

The three baddies got up and charged at the Herd. "Guys! Duck!" Ellie yelled out and the Herd turned around and she threw the same tree she charged at over their heads and the Herd ducked down as the tree hit the ground.

The bad guys halted quickly and the tree blocked their path. Kwatak was dizzy and fell down while Sasha groaned annoyed and Kali snarled angrily.

"That should keep them out of our way" Ellie said confident. "Three down. One to go" Sid said counting his fingers "Come on! We have to hurry before Ramous gets Tackle!" Diego told them urgently and everyone quickly ran to save the cub.

Meanwhile, Aspik watched the Herd run off curiously and slithered off.