Eleven

*
     *
*
|
|
|

"Close Mr Malfoy

"Close Mr Malfoy. Very very close. Closer than most people. But I will have to give this prize to Mr Harry Potter here, due to the fact that he finished first" Slughorn informed and Draco's proud smile instantly dropped as he practically threw the paddle back into the cauldron.

"Thanks anyway, Azalea." He sighed and collected his things, quickly moving to exit but she grabbed his arm and pulled him back before he could get very far.

"Draco"

"Yes?"

"I hope you know that... I'm always here if you need a friend. I've always been here for you, since that first day in the carriage, even if you even really noticed" she informed and he stared deeply into her warm chocolate eyes before nodding, smiling softly.

"Thank you, Azalea." When he looked over her shoulder, he quickly turned on his heel and vanished from sight, in confusion Azalea turned to see the golden trio staring at her with raised eyebrows.

"And what was all that about?" Hermione questioned with a deep frown and Azalea sighed as she packed up his things.

"Clearly, she was just being friends with him to get his secrets, right Azalea?" Ron prompted and she blinked at him.

"Well, no actually. It's a long story but... I felt that he needed a friend." She sighed sadly.

"Needed a—- Azalea, what? You helped him. Him. Draco, despite everything." Harry stated, speaking as if she was stupid and didn't understand. It angered her.

"Harry, don't speak to me like that ever again, okay? I was sent here to protect Hogwarts and it's students. You may not always understand the things that I do, but I expect you, as someone who claims to love me, to accept them." She stated and it was the first time she had ever raised her voice even slightly in front of them all.

"—Claims to? Azalea, I do love you. I'm just trying to protect you."

"I don't need protection Harry" her voice softened. "I just need you to accept the things I do."

"Okay" he sighed and she nodded.

"Thank you" with that, the group left the lesson together, Azaleas potion being left to brew for a few days before she continued it.

*
*
*
|
|
|

Azalea sighed as she looked down at the students from where she was positioned on the stage beside Albus Dumbledore. Instantly, she couldn't help but question herself and why she had agreed to do these lessons. She was starting with her own year group and those who wanted to learn defensive spells were all currently crowded around in the Great Hall, eager for information.

"Everyone, thank you for joining us this evening" Dumbledore began. "Many of you now know who this lady beside me is. And we do not have time to get into that this evening. You may also know of a secret society formed last year to practise defensive spells. Consider this an expansion of that. I should hope you will all treat Miss Hogwarts here with the same respect as you would any other teacher" he gestured to the girl and she sighed as she hopped down to stand among them all.

"Right... I understand that this is strange for everyone. However, you chose to be here and that indicates to me that you would like to learn. Let us all move on from the strangeness of the situation and learn... together.... so, as important as offensive spells are in a duel, defensive spells are the most useful tools you have in your arsenal. You cannot possibly wish to win a battle without using them. And this lesson, is after all to learn how to defend ourselves, not how to duel one another in the corridors" a few people chuckled. "The three spells we will be practising are as follows: Expelliarmus, Expecto Patronum and protego. They are the most common defensive spells." She stated.

"The Expelliarmus spell is the Disarming spell; it knocks the victim's weapon (usually a wand) out of his/her hands. It can also be used to knock other items out of the target's hands, but we seldom see this use. When it is performed with more power, one can blast the opponent off their feet.... for example. Neville, can you show everyone" she smiled encouragingly and he nodded, facing her. The daughter of Hogwarts held her hands forward.

"Expelliarmus" Neville called and the wand flew from her hand and into his.

"Perfect. The movement of the wrist is very important. Personally, I'd like to think that it is one of the most important spells to use as it removes a witch or wizards most important weapon. Their wand. Please, everyone pair up and give it a try" she encouraged with a smile.

"Harry isn't here" a voice acknowledged and she turned to Neville, nodding sadly.

"He had other things to do" she smiled and looked down but the truth was, he didn't feel the need to come to her lessons, having once been the teacher of the DA. Harry had opposed all the expectations they had of him.