Seventeen

*
     *
*
|
|
|

Azalea opened her eyes and could not deny the groan that worked its way out of her lips

Azalea opened her eyes and could not deny the groan that worked its way out of her lips. From the way that the sun slanted through the window, she knew that she had slept for a long time and the beds around her were empty. Absentmindedly, she was glad of the fact that she had a free period first, not that it would have mattered if she was late to one of her lessons. The teachers tended to treat her as if she was royalty around the castle walls. 

But, despite the fact that she had slept for such a long time, Azalea found herself overrun with exhaustion as if she had not slept at all. Her nerves were all racing in warnings through her body. Warnings that told her one thing, Hogwarts was in danger. And it was her job to protect it. 

By the time Azalea had peeled herself out of bed and dragged her body down to the Great Hall, it was lunchtime in the castle and everyone was spread about, full of energy and eating together. Harry, Ron and Hermione sat at the far end of the Gryffindor table and when she slumped into a seat beside her boyfriend, shoving her bag under the table, they all looked at her in confused worry. 

"Hey, are you okay?" Harry wondered, taking a sip of pumpkin juice as he turned to face her, a hand softly ghosting up her arm in a soothing motion and she was glad to find that the effects of the purple potion hadn't worn off just yet. 

"I'm okay" she promised and slowly began to eat some of the food spread out in front of her, feeling energy slowly return to her with each bite she took. 

"Azalea" Hermione caught her attention. "Tell Harry that he has to get rid of that book of his" she urged. "He spends more time cradling that book than he does with you! He's even sleeping with it."

"Can I see it?" the brunette questioned her boyfriend and he stared at her intensely for a long moment, reading her eyes before he slowly dropped it into her hand from where he had it placed on the desk. Turning it between her hands, reading the words that lined the pages, she frowned. "There is no dark magic here, it's just a book" she promised and Harry smirked arrogantly at Hermione, having so far won the argument. "But I would recommend getting rid of it, regardless. See here, this spell" she pointed one out to Harry. "It's unique, someone created it. It could do anything."

"Made it?" Ron interjected. "Is that even possible?"

"Ronald" Hermione rolled her eyes. "Of course it is possible. Where do you think spells come from? People have to make them, they don't just exist."

"I happen to have a few spells of my own" the daughter of Hogwarts hummed as she continued to paw through the many pages of the textbook. The other three stared at her in mixtures of intrigue and suspicion. 

"Well, what are they?" Ron asked after a long pause in which she didn't elaborate. Azaleas brown eyes flashed up to him for a moment, staring in that intense way that made him uncomfortable. 

"Now, that would be telling," she smirked and handed the book back to Harry. "Use the rewritten potion recipes, they are accurate but do not under any circumstances use any of those made up spells. You don't know what they could do Harry and you don't want to become a murderer due to innocent curiosity." she smiled and despite how gentle her soft grin was, he couldn't help but find himself slightly horrified at her words, lapsing into deep thought as they all slowly ate their lunch together.

"Are you coming to Quidditch tryouts?" Harry wondered calmly to his girlfriend after a long moment of silence.

"I will be there." she smiled promisingly, teeth flashing a brilliant white. "I have to visit Dumbledore first but then, I will be there."

"Lea" Harry caught her attention again and she turned to him. "Are you sure you're okay?" she smiled, pressing a kiss to his lips before nodding. 

"Perfect" and she sat back in her seat, that was perhaps one fault of Azalea Hogwarts, she never admitted the way she was feeling, not easily at least because, she didn't want anyone to worry, she was supposed to be the protector, the strong one. And admitting your weaknesses stops you from being strong, at least, in her opinion. 

When Harry and Ron trekked down to the Quidditch pitch later that evening with Hermione following happily behind, Azalea made her way hastily up to the headmaster's office which, many months ago, she had arrived in with a crash and a scream.

"Azalea" he called before she could even knock and she rolled her eyes with a low laugh as she popped her head around the door. The headmaster sat in his desk chair, arms crossed as if he was waiting for her. Like many times before, Dumbledore gestured to the chair opposite him, and she eagerly took it, sitting to give her usual weekly breakdown of all the happenings of Hogwarts school. And eagerly, Albus listened as she told him about her dreams and the Half-Blood Prince's potion book. Azalea also told Dumbledore about Hermione and Ron and he listened eagerly, eating his lemon drops as she spoke.

It had become a ritual of sorts and although Azalea knew that Dumbledore kept secrets from her, she knew that he confided in her more than anyone else. Because nobody knew why Albus did the things that he did but the daughter of Hogwarts understood. 

Authors note: Powering through Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince now everyone, is there anything you all would like to see? Any ideas you have, just drop a comment.