Thirty

*
       *
*
|
|
|

Azalea hummed softly to herself as she sat at the Gryffindor table, munching away happily on a piece of toast

Azalea hummed softly to herself as she sat at the Gryffindor table, munching away happily on a piece of toast. On her left, Harry stropped to himself, reading his potions book like always. Azalea was, as usual, visibly happy, she had been given sleeping potions from Madam Pomfrey and despite the threats to life occurring all around them, she smiled.

"Stop it Ron" Hermione hissed as she read a book of her own. "You're making it snow!" the ginger boy had recovered from his recent traumatic experience but was still feeling the after-effects, Lavender Brown glaring at him in empty hallways and hissing lowly to her friends behind his back for reasons unknown to the ginger. Harry looked up at Hermione's words, suddenly noticing the snow that was softly falling onto his head. Shaking his head, it was dislodged. 

"Tell me how I broke up with Lavender again?" He questioned in confusion and Azalea looked up at Hermione with a bright beam, the bushy-haired girl suddenly looking uncomfortable, cheeks blooming with roses of embarrassment.

"Um... Well" Hermione stuttered, looking over at the couple for help but Harry just continued to sip his pumpkin juice, smiling behind the goblet as Azalea munched on her toast innocently. "She came to visit you in the hospital and you... talked." she continued uncomfortably. "I don't believe it was a particularly long conversation," Hermione concluded and Azalea contained a giggle, glancing at Harry who merely winked at her.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm bloody thrilled to be shot of her" he whispered quietly to them. "It's just... She seems a little put out is all." reacting to his words, they all turned to face the blonde-haired girl who was glaring angrily, golden spoon grasped tightly in her grip.

"Yes, um... She does, doesn't she" Hermione coughed, glancing at Azalea who just smiled in return. 

"I wonder why" the daughter of Hogwarts smiled innocently and Ron frowned at her, shrugging.

"You say you don't remember anything from that night, Anything at all." Hermione prompted and Azalea fiddled with Harry's sleeve, tracing the watch face that glinted from his wrist and he smiled softly up at her, twisting his hand to hold hers.

"Well there is something." this caught all their attention, the group staring curiously at the boy. "But it can't be" he chuckled uncomfortably. "I was completely boggled wasn't I" they laughed together. A harsh silence fell over the group, the sound of Azalea fiddling with her saucer was the only thing that could be heard, filling the silence. 

"Harry" Hermione spoke in a harsh whisper. "That's Katie. Katie Bell" she stated and they all followed her gaze, Harry's eyes becoming eager as he lept up, pressing a kiss to Azaleas head softly as he clattered off along the Great Hall, leaving Azalea to fiddle with her cutlery some more. She was the kind of person that very rarely sat still but it was comforting.

Only when Harry went sprinting back in the other direction did Azalea frown. Glancing up at Hermione and Ron, they were looking equally suspicious. 

"That looks like a guy who needs following" Ron informed, pointing toward the door and she sighed, nodding as she stood and quickly followed Harry. The corridors were relatively desolate, everyone pretty much sitting eating breakfast. Azalea quickly lost his tail but a scream indicated his presence and she ran, slipping at the floor puddled with water. 

Opening the door hastily to the men's bathroom, Azalea's eyes widened tremendously at the sight before her. Previously having assumed that Harry was the victim, she was equally relieved and horrified to find that he was not. Though the real victim twisted her heart.

Harry stood in shock, wand still slightly raised as he stared down at Draco Malfoy who lay in a large pool of water which was slowly painting red. Azalea was by his side in an instant, wide doe eyes taking in the deep slashes in his expensive attire and porcelain skin as if someone had sliced him open with a sword. 

"Harry! What are you doing just standing there?!" she demanded in a yell, breaking her calm for the first time in a long time as her hands pressed over the wounds, glowing slightly. "Go and get help!" shocked by the horror and panic in her voice, he scrambled, slipping in the water as he sprinted off. "Draco" she whispered in a hushed manic, "You're okay, I've for you." he gasped and croaked in pain though otherwise stared deeply at her, icy grey eyes blinking softly. "Vulnera Sanentur" she chanted softly, her beautiful voice song like as the blood slowly retreated into his body as Draco's eyes fluttered sleepily. 

"Zalie" his voice was a croaked, hushed whisper, his bloodied hand reaching out to hold her wrist softly, ring glinting in the low lighting and she smiled softly, pained as she healed him. Harry had done this. That was the only thought that ran through her mind as she repeated the spell. "Vulnera Sanentur" she knew that she should have been with him now but she vowed to Dumbledore that she would protect Draco Malfoy and she wasn't about to break her word to the only family she had left.

"Azalea" a voice spoke and Snape appeared opposite her, instantly chanting along with her, the bottom of his black cloak instantly drowning in the pool of water. As Azalea sat back on her heels, calm flooding through her for the first time since entering the bathroom at the sight of the boy in once piece. Glancing up, she was just in time to see Harry clatter from the room. 

"You're okay now Draco" Azalea promised with a small smile, softly wiping blood from his cheek and he smiled awkwardly, pained. 

Seeing Snapes calm nod, Azalea left to follow her boyfriend.