Twenty Six

*
*
*
|
|
|

"You're looking stunning, by the way, did I mention that?" Harry questioned his girlfriend as they walked arm in arm down the corridor, dressed elegantly in anticipation for Slughorns Christmas party

"You're looking stunning, by the way, did I mention that?" Harry questioned his girlfriend as they walked arm in arm down the corridor, dressed elegantly in anticipation for Slughorns Christmas party. Her pretty emerald green dress matched his tie and he was proud to have her on his arm as they finally reached the doorway.

"Ah, if it isn't everyone's favourite couple" Slughorn cheered when they entered the party. The chamber had been decked out elegantly for the occasion with waiters, guests and food galore. Azaleas eyes lit up at the sight of the bright entertainment and Harry smiled at her happiness.

"Professor" Harry shook the mans hand eagerly, smiling. The teacher nodded respectfully to the two.

"Come, we must have a photo together, the three of us." He prompted happily and hooked Azaleas other arm in a loop of his own. "Might I say you look marvellous this evening, my dear" he nodded and she smiled sweetly as they all lined up for photos together. Only when Slughorn left them, did they have some photos of their own.

"I want something to remember you by" she smiled "when you're out travelling the world, adventuring and I'm stuck here doing potion lessons" she sighed and he chuckled, wrapping an arm around her where they stood at the edge of the dance floor.

"Drink?" Neville offered, holding up a tray, dressed as a waiter and looking adorable. Azalea smiled softly at him.

"Neville" Harry greeted in slight shock.

"I didn't get into the Slug Club" Neville informed as Harry took two glasses, handing one to Azalea. "It's okay though, he's got Bill handing out Towels" the boy scoffed.

"Thanks Neville" azalea smiled.

"It's okay" he beamed and moved on to the next group of people.

"Harry, Azalea" Hermione popped up between them, breathless and they smiled at her, frowning in innocent curiosity.

"Hi, Mione. You look beautiful." Azalea beamed.

"As do you Lea" she beamed, graciously accepting a hug from the girl she had come to know as a sister. Hermione would never admit it, but she was glad to have a new girl best friend, someone with whom she could discuss secretive things. Quickly, Hermione pulled the two of them behind a curtain, much to their added confusion.

"What are you doing?" Harry whispered.

"I've just escaped" she responded, breathlessly. "I mean... I left Cormac under the mistletoe" Harry and Azalea exchanged shocked glances.

"Cormac?" Harry was visibly shocked. "That's who you invited."

"I thought it would annoy Ron the most." She sighed crossing her arms and Azalea couldn't help but giggle softly.

"Well, you're not wrong" she beamed and Harry shushed her teasingly. Switching his full glass with his empty one so that she could drink it, giving her something to do so she would stop teasing Hermione.

"Dragon Tartar?" A waiter queried, popping up from the corner of the curtain and Azalea shook her head with a polite smile. "Just as well, they give one horribly bad breath" this made them all laugh collectively.

"On second thoughts." Hermione decided, grabbing the tray and shovelling them into her mouth as the waiter backed away. Azalea cracked a bright grin and Harry glances at her warningly, seeing that she was about to say something teasing to the frazzled Hermione. "Might keep Cormac at bay.... oh god, here he comes." Hermione panicked, shoving the tray into Harry's hand as she vanished behind the curtain, leaving them to deal with the boy.

"I think she just went to powder her nose." Harry lied smoothly, Azalea smiling, polite as ever at Cormac.

"Slippery little minx, your friend" he chuckled in return. "She likes to work her mouth too, doesn't she? Yap yap yap" he spoke, eating the food from the tray. "What's this I'm eating, by the way?"

"Dragon balls" Azalea answered calmly and Harry whipped his head round to glance at her innocent smile as the curtain swished across and Severus Snape appeared, face one of suspicion. Unfortunately for the Professor, Cormac took then to lean forward and retch, vomiting at the mans feet. Harry, nervously, attempted to escape at the other side of the curtain, Azaleas face disgusted at the sight of the vomiting boy.

"You'be just brought yourself a months detention" Severus informed just as Harry ducked, pulling Azalea along. "Not so fast Potter,"

"Sir, I really think we should rejoin the party" Harry stayed firmly and Azalea giggled, smiling at Snape whose lip twitched ever so slightly.

"I only wish to convey a message."

"A message?"

"From professor Dumbledore, he asked for me to give you his best and hope that the pair of your enjoy your holidays. You see, he's travelling and he won't return until term resumes" he nodded sharply.

"Travelling where?" Harry wondered quickly. Severus didn't even reply, turning on his heel to walk away, just as Draco was dragged into the room.

"Why can't anything ever happen without all the added drama?" She questioned her boyfriend softly with a giggle.

"I'll be right back." Harry smiled, kissing her forehead softly and leaving her to chat softly to Neville who had rejoined them with a fresh tray of drinks.