Twenty

*
*
*
|
|
|

"Okay" Azalea announced decidedly as she entered the great hall to find the tables pushed aside and the teachers gathered around with various expressions

"Okay" Azalea announced decidedly as she entered the great hall to find the tables pushed aside and the teachers gathered around with various expressions. With a swish of her hand, the doors closed behind her. "Let's just keep this closed up. I don't want anyone overhearing what we have to discuss. The younger years are rather unaware of the world at hand, they're mostly just enjoying the knock back jinxes I have been teaching them. They've been warned against doing them in the hallways but... a few detentions may be in order." She smiled and giggled.

"I know that this is really weird for all of us. But it is strange times that we are living in. Dumbledore and I are predicting a battle here at Hogwarts, it has been prophesised and as disastrous as that seems. We can use this to our advantage. When you all started here, you signed contracts vowing to protect the students of Hogwarts, granted circumstances have changed. But with impending war, leave now if you are unwilling to protect this school." She informed seriously and they all exchanged glances but nobody left. "Brilliant"

"What is it that you are going to teach us, Azalea?" Minerva asked respectfully and Azalea smiled.

"I'm going to go ahead and assume that I do not need to teach you things such as Expelliarmus" she smiled and they all chuckled and nodded respectively. "Right, well, I have some new spells at hand that you may not know. Hogwarts was designed to withstand a stampede, a war and in these weekly hours, we are going to draw up a battle plan, in case of the inevitable. We do not want to be caught off guard."

"Sounds good to me" Hagrid chuckled lowly and she smiled softly at him, her nerves still shivering slightly at having to teach the teachers. But she was growing more and more confident with every passing second.

"First of all, I will not show you the spell now as it will cause an entire commotion. But, if you are the teacher in charge during the battle. The spell you must use is such 'piertotum locomotor' and swish your wand sideways and down. Yes? It will bring all these seemingly useless suits and statues to life to help protect our school" she informed and the teachers instantly started muttering to themselves, glancing around and chatting about the new information. They were worse to teach than the students.

"What else?"

"You are all well versed in your own subjects. When the time comes, I'd expect you to gather a collection of the best students of the subject. I'm sure you all have your own ideas of what is to be done at time of conflict. But we have deadly potions and plants around this castle, do not allow them to go to waste." She informed strongly.

"The students will stay?" Minerva questioned in slight shock.

"Unfortunately, some will. Everyone under the age of seventeen is to leave, without question. I will highlight to you the appropriate passages to safety when the time comes. I am also in the process of opening new ones, ones the death eaters will not know themselves. As for the older students. They will be given the opportunity to stay and fight if that is what they desire. But there will be no expectation that they should." She informed and they all nodded in agreement again. 

"And these spells?" Slughorn prompted and she nodded.

"Yes of course" she smiled. "As you know, my parents were very strong witches and wizards and they each had their own arsenal of spells" she informed and gestured to a stack of paper on the desk to her right. "Our own spells will be our secret weapons."

"Can you demonstrate?" Severus wondered.

"Of course, please, Hooch. All you have to do is attack me." She stood firm and strong.

"You're sure?" The flying teacher wondered nervously and Azalea smiled in encouragement nodding. "Expelliarmus"

"Duparto" Azalea flicked her wand once and the teachers watched in amazement as four other Azaleas appeared, circled around the flying teacher. "Incrato" they spoke collectively and their wands raised, a shield bubbling from the top and surrounding the teacher. When they stepped back, she was in a bubble and every spell she sent, rebounded around the bubble. Azalea grinned in happiness, her copy selves vanishing instantly and the shield dropping. "These are just some of the spells I have to show you. This one can be used on a number of people at once. Collecting them all together. Your shadows selves cannot be hurt but they can fight independent from you. They can become your own little army to fight, an army that cannot be hurt. If they are 'killed', so to speak, they will just vanish. It is a very difficult spell to master, that is why I have brought it to you but would never allow the students to attempt it. Please try it out, and the other spells are listed here" she held up the sheet and they all burst to life, crowding around one another as they began.

"That was very good for your first lesson" a voice informed and she turned to gave Severus Snape, smiling in slight pride to herself at his words. "I assume Potter has apologised to you?"

"He has" she smiled.

"Magnificent" his voice held no emotion as he turned on his heel and vanished into the crowd of excitable teachers.