Twenty Two

*
    *
*
|
|
|

"You look really beautiful," Harry informed his girlfriend as they walked down toward the dungeons, Hermione held to one of his arms and Azalea on the other

"You look really beautiful," Harry informed his girlfriend as they walked down toward the dungeons, Hermione held to one of his arms and Azalea on the other. Collectively, they were fairly unenthusiastic about the entire dinner, but they were following through with it, as Dumbledore had requested.

As expected, the dinner was incredibly boring and Azalea ate slowly, taking in the incredibly dry conversation that was proceeding around them. 

"And what about you Miss Granger? What exactly does your family do in the muggle world?" Slughorn questioned excitably as he watched his students. Azalea glanced over eagerly as Hermione began to explain, she always found excitement in new knowledge and she particularly enjoyed hearing about the muggle world, which she knew very little about. Harry spent endless hours explaining mundane things to her, things that he didn't find interesting but thrilled her. It was worth it to see her face light up.

"My parents are dentists" Hermione informed and everyone glanced over at her. Many of the people brought into the Slughorn dinner party were pureblooded, and therefore did not know much about the wizarding world. Seeing the blank expressions on everyone's faces, she elaborated, "They tend to people's teeth."

"Fascinating." Slughorn decided, leaning forward to engage his full attention. "And is that considered a dangerous profession?" Azalea placed her spoon down to listen and Harry smiled, seeing her excitement. 

"No" Hermione responded quickly, before coughing awkwardly and continuing to talk. "Although," she laughed and Harry smiled in amusement at her. "One boy, Robbie Venwick did bite my father once, he needed ten stitches" everyone glanced at one another. Thankfully, the awkward silence that fell was interrupted by Ginny Weasley entering the room.

"Ah, Miss Weasley, Come in, come in." Slughorn beckoned. 

"Look at her eyes" Hermione whispered to Harry and Azalea. "They've been fighting again, her and Dean." 

"Sorry" Ginny approached her seat. "I'm not usually late."

"So, Miss Hogwarts" Azalea snapped her gaze up in slight shock at being addressed for the first time and found many pairs of eyes on her. "Please, tell us about your childhood, I'd imagine it was quite entertaining."

"Oh, of course" she smiled. "I lived here, within the castle all year round. When I turned six I was allowed to take part in lessons with the older children though I spent most of my time with my sister, Helena."

"The Grey Lady?"

"The very same" she smiled happily. "When I came to this world, Helena promised that I would see her again, at the time I was completely unsure of what she meant but I arrived here to find her, as a ghost, barely older than the age she had been when I left." she shrugged and everybody seemed utterly engrossed in their conversation. 

"Ah yes, Tragic really" Slughorn sighed, smile dropping.

"Helena was miserable for the longest time, but she has recently reconnected with a past love of hers. The Bloody Baron, you may have heard of him... His name was originally Christopher. He and Helena were in love. He went to school here, I would spend nearly every day with them, in their lessons or in the grounds adventuring" she smiled softly. "They have been at odds for the longest time but they are together once more now, in the afterworld and they are happy" Azalea grinned at the thought of her sister's happiness and Harry squeezed her hand gently where he held it in her lap.

"Splendid. You should write a book my dear, of all the travels you have been on. Nobody can claim to have met the famed founders. You could make millions!" Slughorn encouraged, eyes glittering and Azalea just smiled respectively. 

"Perhaps."

*

   *

*

|

|

|

Hermione and Azalea walked slowly side-by-side down the corridor, having left Harry behind with Slughorn under his own request. In the end, it had turned out to be a fairly reasonable evening and they had good food which was worth the boredom. 

"So, one positive from this evening." Azalea hummed as she pulled Hermione along beside her. The muggleborn which frowned as they turned random corners, unsure where they were going before she suddenly gasped in shock when the main staircases appeared in front of them out of nowhere, Azalea knew everything about the castle.

"And what's that?" Hermione questioned as they approached the fat lady who had her arms crossed, disgruntled at having to be awake so late.

"Cormac could not keep his eyes off of you Hermione." Azalea smiled softly and the bushy-haired girl blinked, her cheeks suddenly blossoming a cherry colour as they entered the common room. Sat together in the corner were Ginny and Dean, the ginger girl having walked faster than them and they were now kissing once more, symbolising that their relationship was back on track. "But you are interested in Ron still?" the shorter girl queried as they walked up to their dormitory. 

"Does it matter? He gets closer and closer to lavender Brown every day, I'm sure he fancies her."

"Hermione" Azalea scoffed. "Lavender and Ron are crushes, you and he are destined" she nodded in certainty. "He will grow out of it, and realise that he needs someone who he has a deep connection with."

"Like Harry" Hermione nodded. "You and Harry are so perfect Lea" she gushed and Azalea blushed as she thought about their conversation from the other day. After a long moment of contemplation, she decided to tell the muggle-born witch about it. Hermione was a brilliant friend and kept Azaleas secret for months. 

"Mione, we were talking a few days ago and... He said that once this was all over, we could move into a house in Godrics hollow together... And get married." she smiled and Hermione had to muffle her excited scream behind her hand as to not wake their other roommates up.