Thirty Four

*
             *
*
|
|
|

The funeral of Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore was a beautiful thing, just as he would have wanted

The funeral of Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore was a beautiful thing, just as he would have wanted. It was outdoors under the bright shimmering light of the day and the mermaids in the lake sung their haunting tunes as rows and rows of ornate chairs filled with students and Azalea Hogwarts walked slowly to her seat beside Ron, Harry and Hermione. When she was just a few paces away, the emerald green grass cropped perfectly around them, a hand placed on her arm and as she turned, despite the event, she couldn't help but smile.

"Aberforth" she spoke softly, sadly at the man in front of her whose eyes were a deep, sad colour of blue. Oh-so-similar to his brothers. The old man held Azalea at arm's length for a long moment in silence. They had met before, only once before in the previous summer but it felt like they knew one another well... They were both like siblings to Albus Dumbledore. 

"Azalea" he replied softly, voice hollow as she stared into her chocolatey coloured orbs. "Please.. Sit with me? You were as much family to Albus as I was. Even in just a year" his voice was rough but it made her smile. Her gaze flickered to Harry for a moment, the Chosen One watched her intently, smiling solemnly when she met his gaze. "By all means, bring your friend"

"I would be honoured to sit beside you Aberforth" she replied and beckoned Harry over. Frowning slightly at his friends, confused as to why he was being called, Harry pulled himself to his feet and approached, decked out in all-black attire and a sad expression as he joined her. 

"Harry, this is Aberforth Dumbledore" she informed, gesturing to the sad man who was slightly greyer than his brother had been. "Alberforth... Harry Potter" she returned and the two of them stared at one another in shock for a moment, shaking hands and exchanging pleasantries as they were directed to sit for the funeral of Albus Dumbledore. Azalea Hogwarts sat in her silver ornate chair beside Harry, hand in hand with her silver lightning bolt necklace glinting in the sun against her neck.

It was a beautifully painful day.

"Where will you go now, Lea?" Harry questioned softly, many hours later as they stood watching the sunset from the balcony of the astronomy tower. She stood with her stomach pressed flush against the railing, Harry's chest to her back with his hands on either side of her, holding the fence. It had been a long exhausting day and Harry sighed softly as he placed his chin upon his girlfriend's shoulder.

"I'm already home Harry," she replied, her voice as delicate as a butterflies wings. 

"When will I see you again?" he questioned. 

"When you turn seventeen Harry... I will come and get you. We can spend at least a few days together before the war happens... I love you, Harry James Potter, I hope you know that."

"I know Azalea, I know. And I love you more." he pressed a soft kiss to her cheek. "Tell me how you feel Azalea."

"I feel pain... I feel miserable. My heart aches and nothing I do can stop it. Nothing can halt the pain, Harry. For the first time in my entire life... I feel completely and utterly human."

Authors note: there we go everyone. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is over and the war is quickly approaching. Thank you to everyone following this series, I hope you are enjoying it. The next book will be here soon; Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part One will bring more pain and sadness for Harry and Azalea, will their love prevail?