Fifteen

*
*
*
|
|
|

Azalea practically sprinted through the corridors of Hogwarts in excitement, willing the moving staircase to turn faster as she bounced on the spot, a purple vial clasped carefully in her fingertips

Azalea practically sprinted through the corridors of Hogwarts in excitement, willing the moving staircase to turn faster as she bounced on the spot, a purple vial clasped carefully in her fingertips. It was a vial from which she had taken a singular sip and was overly keen to test the effectiveness of. The fat lady rose an eyebrow, unamused by her excitement but otherwise swung open to allow entryway.

Bounding through the portrait hole, Azalea almost fell flat on her face through her excitement, though, collecting herself she merely stumbled. The room was pretty empty safe for a few Gryffindors dotted around doing homework but she quickly found the source of her excitement. Harry sat at a dark across the room, sifting through a book.

"Harry" she called, perhaps too loudly as everyone turned to her. In slight embarrassment, she glanced down and power walked to his side. In shock at his sudden calling, Harry slammed the book shut hastily as if he'd been caught with his hand in the cookie jar and she chose to ignore that particular fact as she sat beside him, face in a brilliant beam. As elated he was to see her happiness. Harry was confused. "Come with me" she urged but he frowned and chased her as she practically sprinted away, aware that everyone watched them in curiosity.

As she raced down the corridor, he had trouble keeping up until she suddenly stopped. Whipping around, he almost crashed directly into her in the desolate hallway. But her brilliant smile lighted his heart and suddenly she reached out and slid her hands into his. At the small motion alone, her eyes widened, watering as a smile stretched across her lips.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong?" He begged softly, hands reaching up softly to her cheeks, caressing along her cheekbones and she lent into his hands, eyes fluttering closed in pure content. Smile on her lips as a few tears drizzled down. "Talk to me Lea. What's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong Harry. Everything is perfectly right" she bounced, her eyes flashing open, sparkling in extreme excitement and he frowned.

"I'm not following" he informed and she giggled as she lifted the vial in her hands up, showing him. "What's this?"

"It's a potion... Harry... your touch doesn't hurt me now." She informed him softly and he froze for a moment, looking her over and the vial in her hands before he suddenly grabbed her. One arm snakes around her waist, crushing her body against his and the other went to the back of her hair, knitting his fingers through her gorgeous chocolate coloured locks as he pressed their lips passionately together.

It was a kiss like they had never experienced before. For the first time, Azalea could feel all the passion he put in to it, she could experience the true love that the single kiss portrayed and it floated her directly to cloud nine. They always underestimated the need for touch, until it pained to have it. Now, in the slowly darkening hallway of Hogwarts castle, despite the arguments and secrecy between them, they had never been closer. It was exhilarating to love and be loved in equal measure and when they walked back to the common room, arm in arm, smiled stretched along their cheeks. It had been the moment Azalea had waited for since that very first touch, all those months ago in number twelve.

"And where have you two been?" Ron demanded when they finally entered the common room at almost midnight, the room was darkened and empty but Hermione and Ron remained, sitting side-by-side before the fireplace, waiting. Harry blushed a very visible red at the question, collapsing down into one of the armchairs and pulling Azalea to sit on his lap. That way it was much easier for him to hide his face in her beautiful curls.

"Just roaming the castle" Azalea lied easily, much to Harry's shock.

"You two are disgusting" Ron scoffed, turning to stare at the flames and Hermione turned on him.

"They're disgusting? What about you and Lavender Brown?" Hermione demanded.

"What about me and Lavender Brown?" He retaliated, feigning innocence, much to Hermione's anger.

"She follows you everywhere, blushing like a fool when you look at her."

"Oh, and that's my fault, is it?" Ron questioned.

"Well, no" Hermione replied timidly.

"Besides, you've got Cormac McLaggen following you around as if you hung the stars in the sky. So you can't really say anything about who I take a fancying to" he responded intensely, the pair of them staring at one another deeply and Azalea and Harry, sat in the armchair, exchanged slightly uncomfortable expressions. It was a conversation that they all knew they needed to have, they just didn't plan on it being at midnight in the Gryffindor common room.

"Well, were just, going to go to bed" Harry decided and Azalea nodded along, kissing him once before toddling away to her dormitory with a simple 'goodnight' called over her shoulder. This seemed to silence the bickering pair for a moment as Harry proceeded to leave also but the second they were along once more, it started up all over again. Neither one would admit that the reason for their disliking for one another was because of the fact that they fancied one another.