Phone Homes

Maya's pov

Our school is in the middle of elections. Mr. Matthews (Riley's Dad) said we have to pick three different types of government. Riley, Lucas and Farkle are running against each other. Riley, Of course, is running to be a princess. Farkle is running to be a dictator. Lucas is running to be president. I didn't want to run so I am just helping Riley. Which means pysching out the competition.

Riley and I start to talk about the election by the stairs. Then, Lucas walks into the hall on the phone. I grab Riley and pull her to the ground so Lucas will not see us. I pull out my phone and start recording. (After a lot of arguing between Lucas and his dad.) "I didn't even want to come to New York!" I stand up so Lucas can see me. "I got to go." he says into the phone. I walk over to him and sat on the bench next to him. i noticed Riley hadn't moved since I pulled her down. I cross my legs and say, "Riley." Riley stands up and walks over to sit next to me. "Let me guess..." I start, "This town ain't big enough for the both of us, cowboy?" I replay the message. I am not showing how I feel, but inside my heart broke a little when he said he didn't want to be here.I honestly wasn't going to even keep the tape. I just wanted to scare him. "I guess you are going to use this against me. Some friend you are!" he said. I could tell that he was still upset about the phone call but he had no right to say that! "How dare you?! I can't believe you would think I would ever do that. I may be a generally mean person, but not to a friend. Never to a bestfriend!!! But you know what, may be we aren't bestfriends. Goodbye, Lucas. Later, Riles. And with that I walk out the school doors with tears running down my face. I shouldn't have yelled at Lucas, but man that felt good.

I'll post more tomorrow!!!

      -Annabeth :)