Starbucks

Riley's pov

I really think that Lucas is starting to like me. We had a bit of a moment after Maya left. Oh no, Maya. I completely forgot that she ran off. I have to find her. I got off my bed and run out my bedroom door. "Dad, I'm going to hang out with Maya!!" I lied. Well half truth. "Okay be back at by 7:00!" He yells. "Okay! Love you! Bye!" I said as I run out the door. I look in all of her favorite places. She isn't in any of them. I finally go to Starbucks to see if she is there. While I am there I see Lucas. I walk over and sit in the booth with him.

"Hey, Lucas!"

"Um.... hey Riley." He says awkwardly.

"What are you doing in Starbucks all alone?"

"Um, I'm on a date." He says. My heart broke when he said that.

"Do I know her?" I ask.

"Um...sort of."

At that second the door to Starbucks opens and I look at Lucas who starts to smile. I turn around to see his date and I see. MAYA!!!!

Maya's pov

I walk into Starbucks for my date with Lucas and he is sitting in a booth with some brunette. He sees me and starts to smile. The brunette turns around and I see. RILEY!!! Oh no, she is going to think that I am trying to steal Lucas from her. Maybe he invited her? Maybe he didn't say we are on a date? Maybe it isn't a date? Maybe I need to stop standing in the doorway of Starbucks and just walk over there. I walk over and sit next to Riley. Man, if looks could kill. Lucas just kept smiling, not knowing what to do. I look at Riley and say, "Sup, Riles?" Trying to play it off cool.

"I hate you!" Riley yells, but she keeps going, "I had dibs! I didn't even think you liked Lucas. But now you are date with him! HOW DARE YOU???" She finally ran out of Starbucks.

I look up at Lucas and he says,"Dibs?"

I laughed and said, "Riley and I have, well had, this thing. Whenever we met a guy, whoever says 'dibs' gets the first shot. If he doesn't like her the other girl can try. Remember on the first day of school we ran into each other?" "Yeah." "After you left, Riley came up behind me and called dibs." He looks at me with a smile on his face and says, "So since I don't like her me and you can try." "I guess cowboy." I say. I really don't know if I can do this. A guy has never come between me and Riley before. Wait I am always trying to make Riley's life better. What about me? Do I ever get to be happy? You know what, I am going to date Lucas and I don't care if Riley stays mad at me. "Earth to Maya!" I look up and Lucas has two hot chocolates with extra whipped cream. "Are one of those for me?" I ask. He knows hot chocolate is my favorite. "Nope they are both mine." Lucas laughs. I laugh too and take a cup out of his hand and start to sip. I could get used to this.