Beating

After School

Maya's pov

I walk to Lucas's house. He had a huge white house that he lived in with his mom. I knocked on the door and Lucas's mom answers, "Hello Maya! Nice to see you, are you looking for Lucas?" "Yes, ma'am." I answer. 'He is in his room." "Thank you, Mrs. Friar." I walk up to Lucas's door about to knock when I hear something. It's a guitar. Then, Lucas starts to sing. It sounds beautiful. I walk into his room but he doesn't notice. After he finishes his song, I start to clap. He spins around and bows. "When did you learn how to play guitar? And to sing? And why didn't you tell me?" I ask him. "I didn't tell because singing is Riley's thing." He says. "Can I see your guitar?" He hands it to me and I start to sing "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman.

(This is only the chorse.)

Cause I remember when we were driving, driving in your car

Speed so fast felt like I was drunk

City lights lay out before us

Your arm felt nice wrapped around my shoulder

And I, I had a feeling that I belonged

And I, I had a feeling I could be someone

Be someone, be someone

After I finish the whole song Lucas just looks there in awe.

"You have an amazing voice! Way better than Riley." He says.

"Well you, too! Where did you learn to play and sing?" I ask.

"My mom and dad thought I was going to be the best singer in Texas. So they gave me lessons in both playing and singing. What about you?"

(Warning: tear jerker!)

"When I was 8 my mom saved up for months and bought me the cheapest guitar she could. I thought it was amazing so I fought myself how to play. But a awhile back my mom was married. He was a horrible person. I don't know why mom married him, but one day he was in my room hitting me. He said I was a broken girl with no talents. I looked over at my guitar. I don't know why I did. He grabbed it by the neck and slammed it to the ground. It snapped around the second frett. That was the last straw for my mom. When he started hurting me. I later found out that he was beating her too."

---------

I cried just typing that! Anyway thanks for almost 200 views. And the few votes! I'll update in about an hour or sooner.

Stay lovely!

-Annabeth :)