Chapter 1

~April~

"I hate mondays." I groaned and Delilah laughed while applying lipgoss. "Girl shush every time monday rolls around you always gotta attitude." She said and I rolled my eyes. Who wouldn't? That's when school starts and if anything I can't stand school.

"Still." I mumbled. After she finished she looked at me. "Turn that frown upside down." She spoke making me roll my eyes in slight annoyance, I grabbed her wrist and dragged her in the direction of the classroom.

I headed to science while she went to math. I sat down and took out my books getting ready for a class I never pay attention to.

-

-

-

School finally ended and I drove Delilah home before going home myself. I dont know why but a memory flashed over me.

"Daddy, please no more. My body hurts." I cried but all my dad did was look at me and smirk. "Aw baby that's a shame. Ya mama said the same thing." He said.

And he raped me. I screamed wanting my mom but she never came. Neither did Dave.

I pulled over and sat in my car crying for a little while. I still can't believe my own father did that to me. After Dave found me I never saw my dad again, and everytime I asked about what happened they just said he died but never told me how.

I was determined to know so I gathered myself and drove home. "Hey Mom hey D-- ew gross!" I said walking into the living room to see my mom and dad making out.

They looked up at my disgusted face and smirked. "Hey baby, how was school?" Mom asked and I shrugged. "Same old same old." I said walking into the kitchen.

My parents are so disgusting that's probably why they have 4 kids and only in ther mid thirties I think. Gross.

I was fixing me a sandwich when DJ walked in. "Sup D." I said and he looked at me. "You should actually wear some damn clothes." He mumbled and I rolled my eyes.

"Mom would beat your ass if she heard you cussin." I said remembering when I first cussed infront of my mom.

I was 7.

"Kairi come here I'm not finished." I said running after Kairi to finish up her makeup. We were having makeovers but Kairi kept running away.

"No more Cherish!" She said and I screamed seeing that her makeup was messed up.

"What the fuck Kairi!" I screamed and I didn't know mommy was behind me. "Uh Cherish, what exactly did you just say?" She asked and my eyes widened.

"I- um..I said what the fudge Kairi..." I stuttered feeling scared.

She went upstairs and I thought I was off the hook next thing I know she comes back with a belt in her hands.

"Now, bring that ass here." I tried running but she just caught up to me.

That was first and last ass whoopin, after that I never cussed in front of my mom again. DJ rolled his eyes. "I'm the only boy so mommy loves me." He said.

"Yea okay." I said eating my sandwich. "Can I have yum?" I looked down at Malaysia. Malaysia is three years old and can talk pretty good.

I picked her up and fed her some of my sandwich. After she ate I put her back down to play and Kairi skipped through the door.

I know that's its probably rude to say but Kairi is sort of a hoe. Her virginity was gone when she was 12 and shes been in at least 10 relationships.

And I'm not saying that because I'm a virgin and single but because ion want her to make a stupid decision and her reputation becomes damaged and as her older sister I'm tryna be there for her.

"Wassup Kai." I said hugging her and she hugged me back. "Guess what?" She said eating a banana.

"what?" I asked her knowing it was about some boy. "Me and Derek going out." She said with a huge smile on her face.

I took out my lipgloss and applied some. "What happened to Kendrik?" I asked her. Kendrik was he most recent boyfriend and I actually kinda liked him.

"Oh I dumped him." She dismissed it. "Why?"

"Because I like someone new." I scrunched up my face. "But yall only dated for a month." I said and she rolled her eyes.

"What the hell Cherish? Why can't you just be happy for me? Ever since I lost my virginity you've been on my ass. Your not my mother." She said.

"Well Kairi I'm sorry for trying to help you. Ion want you just sleeping with every guy because something gonna happen to you that you dont wanna happen." I said.

All I was trying to do was look out for her. "Ugh, what could happen, me getting pregnant. Just because your father raped you and ruined sex for you doesnt mean you have to ruin it for me too."

I flinched and grabbed my bag. "Cherish I'm sorry. Its just--" I ignored her and went to my room shutting and locking my door.

I sat on my floor and cried. Why would she say that knowing how sensitive it is for me? I picked up my laptop and looked up my father.

Marcus Jamir Davis. I found several articles but nothing about him. I frowned trying to remember where I was that day.

It was a warehouse and I remember it blew up so I looked up warehouse explosions and the year it happened. But all that came up was a warehouse and that there were bodies in there but people couldn't recognize who they were.

When Dave lit it on fire was my dad in there? Could Dave have killed my father?

I know he beat me and my mom, kidnapped me and then raped me but I still wanna know something about him. I just can't shut him out no matter how hard I try.

All I know is that he ruined my life in so many ways possible and I wanna know why.