Chapter 10

We winded up staying with grandma and I slept in a bedroom I had since I was a little girl.

Me and Malaysia shared a room while DJ had his own. We were all in my room watching Ralph Breaks The Internet.

Malaysia was halfway awake while DJ ain't even look like he was watching it. Like he was in his own lil world.

"Dj." I said but he ain't respond to me. "David!" I yelled and he jumped.

"Bubba what's wrong?" I asked him. "Did you know daddy does drugs?" He asked and I nodded.

"Smokes weed all the time." I answered and he shook his head. "No their pills. That's why him and mommy was fighting." He fiddled with his fingers. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What you mean?" I asked him. "Well I was with dad leaving to go to McDonald's. Mom called and asked where he was at and he said the studio. But we went to some street where he got pills. He said it was pain medication but I'm not stupid."

I sighed. I hope Dave wasnt on no drugs. I got up and went downstairs to check on mom but she was crying on grandma Ny.

"Baby its gon be ok." Grandma said. "No its not mom. Ion wanna go through this again." She cried.

"What you mean?" She asked.

"Our marriage has been hella rocky ever since Kairi was raped. He just started yelling at me and accusing me of stuff then he hit me. So this ain't the first time. We've been thru so much shit ion wanna lose him." She cried and grandma just rubbed her back.

I went back to the room and put the two in my bed and I fell asleep, tears streaming down my face.

Kairi

The next day when I woke up I heard a female voice and i was happy because I thought Karin came back. I ran downstairs but it was some other chick.

"Dave sit down lemme cook for you." She said and I came downstairs. "Dad whose this?" I said looking her up and down.

She looked at me nervously before going into the kitchen. "Julissa. My new girl." He said and my jaw dropped.

"Karin hasn't been gone for a year yet and your already moving on?" I said getting irritated.

"Kairi mind ya damn business." He said smoking. "What happened?" I asked him folding my arms against my chest.

He stood up but I followed up. "Dad! Karin was the best thing that ever happened to you, what happened?"

He turned towards me with a murderous look in his eyes. "Shut the hell up Kairi. You need to sit yo hoe ass down." He growled and tears fell.

He called me a hoe. My own father just called me a hoe. I went to my room and cried myself to sleep. I just wanted Karin.