Chapter 17

I was finally gonna get the hell out of here. I hated hospitals with a passion. I had the kids on the phone almost all the time.

However I never talked to DJ. I tried to get him to talk to me but he always refused to do so. When I got to Chanels house to get the kids I said surprised when they weren't there.

"Chanel! What's wrong?" She said sitting on the couch crying her eyes out. "Two days ago Dave came here and he-he hit me and took the kids." He cried and I face palmed.

Sighing I called Cherish. "Mom are you gonna get us?" I heard her voice crack and I knew she just finished crying. "Is he there?" There was shuffling before I heard a no.

I drove to the house and I got the kids. We winded up at Jaydens house since he aint know where he lived at. I went into DJ room who was watching tv.

"Baby you good?" I asked him and he shrugged. "What's wrong?" I asked him and he looked at me. "Nun." He said.

I grabbed his hand and saw a ring of bruises on his wrist. "Who did this?" He looked at it. "Boys at school." He answered quickly. Too quickly.

"Baby dont lie." I said and he looked away. "I'm not." I wanted to push for the truth but was cut short when my phone was ringing.

"Hello?" I answered. "Baby? Can you come back I miss you and the kids. I'm so sorry baby just want you home." I closed my eyes and walked out of DJ room.

"Dave I'm sorry but we can't be together. I-I was shot. I'm walking with crutches, that I barely need anyway. But still. Dave you tried to rape Cherish. Ion even care about what you did to me but you dragged the kids into it."

He sighed. "I'm sorry. Ima do better I promise just please come home." Tears fell out my eyes. "Dave your on drugs." I said crying.

"No I'm not who told you?" He lied. "Kairi and DJ said they saw you." I frowned.

"That's my pain medication baby. My back been hurting like hell." He said and I swallowed. "Dave give me some time first."

"Okay love you." He said. "You too." I hung up and sat on the floor crying. Why? Just why me God? What did I do to deserve this?

Men really just ain't shit..

-

-

-

1 Month Later...

Dave

I went to the courts to get a divorce which I successfully got now I just need some type of dirt to put on Karin so I could have my kids back.

I haven't spoken to none of them for an entire month only to throw her ass off track and think I gave up.

"Baby why not just take the kids from her house?" Julissa asked me and she was giving me a damn headache.

"She changed her address." I said frustrated. "Then--"
"Shut the hell up!" I yelled and she shut up.

Moments later my doorbell rung I opened the door to Millie. I looked her up and down. "Fuck you want?" I asked her.

"Kairi called me and told me she wanted to visit. Where is she?" She asked me. "Ask Karin." I said and slammed the door in her face.

After seeing her drive away I sat back down brainstorming. I couldn't snatch the kids since ion know where she at now and nobody giving me no type of address which I have a right to know.

I have no dirt on her whatsoever. I could brainwash them. I drove to the school and saw  Cherish with some boy.

"Jordan you got bruises all over your damn chest and you want me to believe that you got in a fight?" She said in disbelief.

"Drop it! You were just a damn distraction." The boy, Jordan yelled. She slapped him and walked away.

I ran to her and grabbed her hand. "Jordan--"

She froze when she saw me. "The hell do you want?" She asked me. "Niggas ain't shit Cherry." I said gettin on her good side.

She scoffed. "Your an example." I clenched my fists to keep from slapping her. "Yo mom told me to come get yall." I said to her and she raised an eyebrow.

"From school? Try again." She tried to walk away but I grabbed her hand. "Yo mom said to come with me." She ripped out my grasp.

"I SAID NO!" Then she ran and there was people so it would look hella suspicious if I ran after her. With a mug on my face I walked into the school and into the main office.

"Can I help you?" The lady at the front desk asked. "Yeah. I'm lookin for the address of Kairi Brewster." I said and she looked at me.

"Name?"

"David Brewster." She smacked on her gum. "She yo kid?" I nodded.

She typed sum shit in the computer and gave me the address.

I drove outside and saw Karins white Range Rover. Cherish's silver Hyundai but I didnt see Kairi's  Honda Civic. Groaning I realized I couldn't just go inside of there.

I sat in front of their house just watching it before getting out and lookin inside a window. Ion care how creepy it sounds.

Karin was on the couch with her laptop in her lap and Malaysia was nibbling on a cookie. I'm guessing the others were upstairs. I went back into my car and drove home.

I knew just what I had to do.