8. SENATOR FRANCISCO

I need you
Is all that I can say
But deep inside of me
You'll know I want you more each day
But time won't let me have the chance
So I've got to see you even at a glance

MATT

So, her parents are there waiting for us. I took her hand and  walked to where her parents are waiting. She was squeezing my hand and I squeezed back and looked down at her assuring her that it's going to  be okay.

She smiled back.

"Senator Francisco, good afternoon, sir."

"Governor Cruz, lovely to see you here. It was nice of you to accept my invitation. Huwag na tayong paliguy ligoy. Kailan pa tong relasyon niyo?"

"Sweetheart, hindi pa nakakaupo si Governor, hinaharass mo na. Let's sit Matt, dito tayo."

"Thank you Ma'am."

I took the hand of Tina na mukhang natulala na sa mga pangyayari. Hindi ko alam kung saan natulala eh. Sa kiss ko ba sa kanya or sa galit ng tatay niya.

"How is your Mom pala?"

"She's fine Ma'am. She and Dad did not know I was coming over. Next time po, ipapaalam ko po sa kanya."

"Hindi ka nagpaalam governor sa  inyo? Pano kung sinaktan ka namin dito?"

"it's probably for a good reason why you would hurt me physically, sir."

"So, kailan nga pala nag umpisa ang relasyon niyo?"

"Honestly dad..."

Sumagot na din ang babaeng tulala. Hahaha

"....two months na kaming mag boyfriend and girlfriend."

"I was asking him. He's brave enough na niligawan ka, I know he is as brave to answer my questions. So governor, What did you see in my daughter bakit mo niligawan? For progressive political career?"

"Sir,  for the short period that I personally got to know Tina, I have learned to appreciate her as a person. I did not see the political Tina, I saw a hard working woman who shares the same passion that I have. She likes to serve the people. I like to serve my constituents. We are both raised by great men who are dedicated to their work. And most of all sir, I love your daughter so much that I did not care if you or my father approve of our relationship."

"There is just a couple of things I want you to keep in your mind...if your hurt my daughter, I'll kill you. And do not ever use her to advance your career."

"Sir, that I will never do. I will not hurt her sir.  And I don't need to use her to advance my career. Just by using my name, my political career whether I want it or not is way up there already with or without my father's help sir.

"Okay sige. I still need to prepare for my birthday party. I expect that you would be there.  I believe my staff sent the governor an invitation?"

"Yes sir. Thank you. I will be there Sir."

 At yun nga ganun lang. Nag usap na kami ni  Senator Francisco, the famous father of my :girlfriend" . Masanay ka diyan Matthew, kaka girlfriend mo. Pero in fairness, maganda din to eh. At mabango pa hininga. Lambot pa ng lips. hahahahahaha

She saw me to my car. I kissed her forehead. Wala na kaming i co convince except  itong mga kasama ko. They saw us kiss na sa lips so as respect to her, hindi na kailangan ang kiss ulit sa lips.

See you later baby."

"I'll see you there na lang huh. Sabay ako kina Mommy papunta dun eh."

"Okay, sige.:

TINA

Ang yabang talaga ng lalaking yun. Sinagot niya si Dad ng ganun?

Ano kaya hitsura nun pag aattend siya mamaya? Kailan kaya kami maghihiwalay? Nakakainis na nakakatuwa naman din ang may boyfriend kahit fake. First ko siya na boyfriend. First kiss din yung sa Congress, Nakakainis. Grrrr dapat mahal ko yung unang hahalik sa akin eh. Kaso...teka Tina, kasalanan mo din naman yun eh.

AUTHOR

Abangan ang susunod na kabanata!