17. LOCK DOWN

MATT

THE PROVINCE OF BRIGHTON IS IN LOCKDOWN.

"Sir, yung press conference niyo is at 3pm."

"Sige. I'll write my speech first. Please give me the details of the EO and everything that I should be talking about mamaya."

" Sir, Daddy nyo po nasa line 1"

" Okay Marla, thank you."

" Hello?"

" Matt, your Mom and I are worried about this corona virus thing and we would like to know how you're coping up? "

" Okay naman Dad. Kayo po? Kanusta po kayo? "

" We're okay. Don't mind us. Gawin mo lang yung trabaho mo. The province going on lockdown? What are the rules?"

"I  am going to declare a total lockdown Dad, restricting the movement of the population except for necessity, work, and health circumstances, in response to the growing pandemic of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the country. Additional lockdown restrictions mandated the temporary closure of non-essential shops and businesses. The ECQ came in after two days of the implementation of the community quarantine in the province.

To contain the outbreak of COVID-19 in the province there will be check points for checking the motivation for travels, banning of public events, closure of commercial and retail businesses, closure of schools and universities, social distancing and other prohibitions."

" Did you talk about this with theboard members?"

" Yes Dad, everyone agreed. Even Board Member Romero and Asuncion."

" Okay. Okay. Do what you think is good for the province. Your Mom says hi."

" Thank you dad. Please do not go out. Keep safe."

" We will. You too."

P R E S S C O N
i discussed the EO that I signed to the media. I gave the details of the EO and the restrictions that will be imposed in the province. Included in the EO (Executive Order) is the closing of borders to people who are coming in the province. Not even residence of thw province are allowed in except after a 14 days quarantine.

The populace's movement is restricted to their homes and they can only go outside to just buy basic needs such as food, medicines and other things needed for sustenance.

Only a single person per household can go outside to buy basic necessities.

The ECQ ( enhanced community quarantine) also directs stricter social distancing protocols where people going to public places must observe one meter distance apart from each other.

After the presscon, I had a conference with the other leaders of the province until 3 am in the morning. I was still at the Governor's office finishing all the reports to be signed when the door opened and my "wife" in a hoodie and jeans came in. Baka dahil pagod at antok na din ako, nagulat ako sa kanya.

"Let's go home. Balik ka na lang mamaya. You need to rest."

She approached me and handed me my tumbler na dala dala niya. The other people in the room went out and left Mrs. Cruz alone with her husband. Maganda talaga tong napili kong asawa. I took the water she was giving me. I breathed in and she was dangerously near me. She leaned on my table facing me. I leaned and pulled her hand near me. She did not resist. She stood there not moving.

"I'm tired. Glad you're here."
I whispered. I looked up and saw her looking at me too. She touched my face. I pulled ger in front of me, between my legs. I hugged her. I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around her waist and hugged her. She hugged my head back.

"Sir? Ma'am? Ready na po yung sasakyan."

I raised my head and looked at Dax who was at the door. If looks could kill patay na siya. Tina removed her arms from around me and straightened up. I stood up and stretched. I took my laptop and my stuff and handed it to Dad. Took Tina's hand and we went out from the governor's office. I told my staff to go home and report to work tomorrow.

Author: I needed to write what is happening to the world now. It is actually this trying times that inspires me to write about this story especially that in my province we have a very young governor and a very young congresswoman. Hahaha
Please vote and comment if your must. Thank you and stay safe everyone.