32. I MISS YOU

MATT

We have been staying together for a month now since we got affected by the covid. We have been trying to avoid separation like her going back to Manila to go back to work. She has been stalling. And I have been loving everyday coming home to her. Yeah, pareho kaming umiiwas sa mga nararamdaman namin. Natatakot na baka mawala if we take the first step. Tonight, will be the last night we will be spending together before she goes back to Manila. Kung gaano siya katagal dun, hindi ko alam. Namimiss ko na siya hindi pa siya umaalis. She's taking so long sa banyo. Ano ginagawa niya dun?

We just came from my office, sinundo niya ako. We dropped by sa bahay nila to pick up yung padala ng Mommy niya for her pagbalik niya sa Manila.

Speak of the devil, lumabas na siya. I am wearing a white shirt and boxers. My decent attire since we got married. I have always slept in my boxers only when i was still single. Our bed is so wide that not a single morning that we wake up are we entangled to each other. We always woke up far feom each other. Not touching.

I looked at her. She's wearing her usual, a short silk pajama. I never look at her when we're going to bed or when we wake up. Parating isa sa amin tulog na or "good night" lang sinasabi namin. This time I am openly staring at her. She isndrying her hair with the blower. I watch her. She was saying something. Answer you dumbass.

"Huh, ano yun?"

"Hay naku tatlong beses nang inuulit. Ano ba kasi yang pinapanood mo? "

" Wala may naalala lang ako. "

" work?"

" Yes."

"Sabi ko kanina, dadalawin mo ba ako sa Manila pag di ako nakauwi?"

" Oo naman."

" Talaga"

" Oo."

I stood up from the bed and I went to where she is standing blowing her hair. I was behind her and she did jot notice me coz she was looking at the tv too. I wrapped my arms around her waist and buried my face in her now drying hair. I took a sniff and my gentleman just reacted. I do not care now if she felt it. I used to distance myself from her when this little boy reacts. Nagulat siya. She put down the blower and touched the arms wrapped around her.

"Matt? Bakit?"

I turned her to face me. My hands are still around her. I tipped her chin so she is looking at me.

"I miss you. I miss you na hindi ka pa umaalis. Paano na ako?"

" Hahaha ang arte mo huh. Manila lang pupuntahan ko hindi america. Ano ka ba!"

" May I kiss you? Really kiss you."

" Huh? Matt?"

" To hell with it Tina. I want you hindi pa ba obvious? Matagal na kitang gusto, noon pa. Noong pinakasalan kita, I already loved you then. Pinipigilan ko lang baka kasi mawala ka agad. Hindi ko alam ang gagawin ko kung paano kita mako convince to stay with me. Ao when you came back, sabi ko liligawan ko to. I will make her love me. Kaso, para namang wala pa din eh."

I turned around to go to bed.

" Kaya I was asking you properly kung pwede kang halikan kasi baka pag balik mo sa Manila, maalala mo na hindi mo ko ako.mahal, na you are wasting your time with me. At least man lang nahalikan kita nang hindi ko ninakaw or did not force you to."

I felt her arms around my waist. Siyempre nagulat ako.

" Engot katalaga. Bakit ngayon mo lang sinabi?"

I turned around to face her. Nahihiya siyang tuminhin sa akin kaya isinubsob niya ang mukha niya sa dibdib ko.. I tried to push her a little para makita ko mukha niya pero she wont budge. I stood there motion less not talking when she loosenned her hug and tilt her head. That is when I took the opportumity to raise her head and kissed her.

 That is when I took the opportumity to raise her head and kissed her

"I love you"

I whispered.

"I love you too"

I stopped kissing her and looked at her instead.

" Huh? "

" Hahaha bakit parang nagulat ka naman, Governor?"

"Pwede pakiulit, congresswoman. Di ko narinig eh."

She playfully hit my arm.

" Ang bata bata niyo pa po sir pero bingi na kayo. Sabinko po sir, I love you too."

" Talaga?"

I kissed her before she ever say anything. I carried her to bed and this time, i will.make it a point that tomorrow we will wake up with our bodies entangled together, naked.

-end-

Thank you for the wonderful journey with you guys. Finishing this was a struggle. I did not want to fi ish this anymore as I was told what to write next. I write my stories with no rough draft. As I type, my story develops. And like what I always say, I always surprise my readers at the last part of the story.  Thank you.