Chapter 1: How?

**Dream**

"No! Don't touch her!" I screamed, struggling to save my sister.

"What's a little punk like you gonna do about it? Huh?" He grinned as his hand snapped my little sisters neck.

"I said, DON'T TOUCH HER!" I screamed as I went at him with a kunai. I was blinded by rage, as I quickly aimed a kick at his side and knocked him over, not waiting a second to slit his throat. His body turned white as I collapsed on the ground next to my sister and sobbed. "Why....why her?" I sobbed. I screamed in frustration as I punched a rock, making it smash. I could see a figure starting to walk towards me, so I grabbed a kunai and got ready to fight.

"I mean you no harm," The figure stated with his hands up. "I have come to ask you something." He continued as he walked forward.

"I would like you to join my villages ANBU squad. You have some talent kid. So what do you say?" I looked down at my dead sister. She was the only person I had left, so I lifted my head and nodded, causing the man to smile.

"Great, now come with me." I followed him silently as he led me through the desert to a giant gate.

"Welcome to Suna, this is your new home."

**End of Dream**

I woke up in a cold sweat, so it was that dream again. I have been plagued by it ever since she died. I glanced at the clock to my side, only to realise I had ten minutes to get to the meeting spot. Cursing, I flung myself out of bed and got dressed in my ANBU uniform, as the Kazekage had requested yesterday. I hung my katana on my waist as well as my mask. I quickly brushed my long blue hair, pulled it into a low ponytail and bolted out the door towards the training grounds. I was five minutes late.

"So your the ANBU they sent to help us..." Baki Sensei muttered, thinking I couldn't hear him.

"Sure am!" I heard him sigh at my antics.

"Well let's go introduce you to the team, I guess." I followed behind him as he lead me to a group of three genin.

"Well everyone get aquatinted." He motioned for the girl to go first.

"I'm Temari, I'm fifteen and a wind style user." She grumbled.

"I'm Kankuro, I'm fourteen and a puppeteer." The boy smirked. "And this is Gaara, he's thirteen and a sand user." He introduced his brother.

"Well I'm Masago Rin, I'm ten and I can't tell you my style." I smiled as Kankuro and Temari scowled.

"Now, now, don't go killing her yet." Yet? What does he mean Yet? "She's a very important part of the plan, also since she responds directly to your father, I don't think he would appreciate one of his favourite ANBU being killed." Baki stated.

"It's not like they could kill me..." I grumbled as I watched the clouds.

"True, true. Now Kankuro and Temari, you two spar. Myself and Gaara will be testing Masago." Their jaws dropped at that.

"And your telling us not to kill her?!" Kankuro screamed.

"I'm not that easy to kill, geez." I said, still watching the clouds.

"Temari, Kankuro start sparing after these two are done, listen carefully." Baki said gesturing at everyone. "Now Masago, I want you to land a hit on Gaara, only one." I just nodded and crouched down, whipping out a kunai. "Go!" With that I jumped out of the way as Gaaras sand flew at me, body flickered behind him and landed the kunai dead on his shoulder.

"How did she do it so fast?" I heard Temari stutter, as she eyed the kunai sticking out of Gaaras defence with wide eyes.

"Am I done now?" I questioned Baki, with one eyebrow raised.

"So your not just a lazy airhead after all. Go sit and watch Temari and Kankuro's match, you'll need to know their fighting style. I just nodded and slumped up against a dead tree to watch the match.

"How did you get a hit on me so quick?" I knew it was Gaara.

"I'm in the ANBU for a reason, aren't I Gaara." I replied not taking my eyes off the clouds. Silence. God I love silence, I also love clouds I me-

"Masago, were you watching our fight at all?" Questioned Temari with a tick mark.

"Nope, don't need to." I said smirking. "I know every single one of your jutsu's, I had to study you three in preparation for this." I said shrugging. I sat up and turned to Baki. "So what's the plan?"