Chapter 5: Forest of Death

Myself, Temari, Gaara and Kankuro all arrived at the forest of death. It didn't look to bad actually. Temari had healed my hand, so it didn't have a hole in it anymore, which I'm thankful for. I was wearing the same thing as yesterday, but can you blame me? It's comfy.

"Now, need you all to sign these forms. Because if you die it will be on me." Anko said while scratching the back of her neck. Sighing, I signed the form, and walked over to Temari.

"Hey Temari..." I said, starting to do puppy eyes.

"Yes...." She replied, unsure of what I wanted.

"Can I sleep on your back in the forest." Sighing, she nodded knowing that if she didn't, I would win the impending argument anyway. I just smiled and skipped over to Shikamaru and his team.

"Hi, I'm Masago, I don't believe we've properly met. You must be Choji!" I said with fake happiness. He just nodded with a mouthful of food, causing me to giggle. "Anyway, I've just come to talk to Shikamaru, now Shikamaru can you come here for a second." He just nodded and walked towards me. I quickly grabbed his hand and pulled his closer so I could whisper in his ear. "Do not come anywhere near my team, I don't particularly want you or your team to die, and I don't want to have to save you." I whispered quietly, then leant back. "Well, I must be getting back to my team, bye!" I called as I skipped away, after sending one last glance at a composed Shikamaru.

"What were you doing Masago?" Questioned Kankuro.

"Just getting info." I said whilst I climbed onto Temari's back.

"The gates open in five. Get ready." And soon enough we were inside the forest of death, but we didn't walk for long, well the other three didn't walk for long, I was still on Temari's back. Soon enough I fell asleep.

"Please, we'll give you our scrolls, just don't kill us." That was Ino's voice. Sighing I lifted my head and appeared in front of them.

"I can't let you kill them, Gaara." I snarled at the thought of Shikamaru dying and grabbed a kunai.

"Getting soft are we, or does someone have a crush?" Questioned Temari, well more like stated it.

"No, but these ones aren't the one you want to kill."

"Why?" Questioned Kankuro.

"Their parents are part of the Ino-Shika-Cho formation, and they would have your heads for killing them." I said as I motioned for their team to run and slipped my kunai away.

"Fine I won't kill them, but only because of their parents." Stated Gaara, while I smiled as the three kids ran away.

"Now let's get to the tower." Stated Kankuro, while I climbed onto Temari's shoulder and fell asleep again.

**********

"Masago.....Masago were here." I woke to Temari placing me on the floor. I just yawned and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. "We have to stay here for five days now."

"Wait, WHAT!"