Chapter 7: The Hoodie

I ran towards the training grounds with Temari. It's been a month since the first rounds and I wanted to train before the matches started.

"Jump quicker Masago!" Yelled Temari, so I saluted with two fingers. Her eyes widened once she realised what I was signalling. We were being watched. Suddenly I couldn't move. Nara.

"You always have a hoodie on, don't you." Shikamaru Nara. He had been a pest over the past few weeks, always watching me. I should have known it was him.

"Well, it give me a certain aspect of mystery, don't you agree Nara." I giggled back like an idiot. "Now I would appreciate if you would release me, I don't want to hurt my favourite Nara now do it?" When he finally let go, I pretend to shake out my legs and arms. "Now we must be going Nara, I do have a match against you don't i?" With that all three of us walked to the arena in silence. Once we were there, the proctor called me and Shikamaru down. Damn, first again. I jumped down over the stairs and lent against the arena wall.

"Start!" Yelled the Procter, I think his name was Gemna or something. Me and Shikamaru just stood there for a second, thinking threw our tactics. So he's a long distance fighter, and the longer I let this fight go, the more shadows he gets.

"Come one Shikamaru, might as well give them something." I yelled giggling. I knew I was just a warm up, everyone just wanted to see Gaara and Sasuke fight.

"Sure I'll fight." finally. "If," always an if isn't there. "You drop that stupid act of yours." With that I just threw my head back and started to laugh, silencing the arena.

"So your not as lazy and ignorant as I thought." I said, still laughing. Making him smirk.

"I suppose I'm not." He said smirking.

"Well then," I said, making my voice go back to its normal, more dark tone. "Let's get started!" I yelled as I crouched down and threw a kunai at him with incredible speed, making it graze his leg.

I knew I was just a diversion as Kankuro and Temari moved Gaara away, so he could unleash the tailed beast. The plan is now in action.

****Asuma POV****

"So she's not as stupid as she let on..." I mumbled with a smoke in my mouth.

"What do you mean?" Questioned Kurenai.

"The kid knows everything about myself and the team. She's a genius. I think Shikamaru has finally met his match." I said never moving my eyes away from the match. When suddenly she pushed her hair back, revealing that bright blue hair. I knew that hair.

"SHIKAMARU GET AWAY FROM HER!" I screamed as she ran at him, when suddenly feathers started to fall. Genjutsu? Kurenai quickly released me form it and I heard explosions outside. "That girl is a member of the Crystal Gale clan, a supposably dead clan that was killed four years ago, and they specialise in both Gale and Crystal release, it is also said they have a third kekkei genkai invoking their eyes, but no one has ever been able to tell." I told Kurenai as I jumped down and picked up Shikamaru, releasing him from the genjutsu in the process.

"So you've heard of my clan Asuma, I'd expect nothing less of the late Hokages son." Late? What did she mean late....

"Wait, no!" I didn't have time to stop her as she disappeared from the arena.

"Don't worry, I'll get her Sensei." So he was awake.

"Be careful, she will kill you without hesitation." With that he nodded and jumped away in search of her.