Chapter 05: The Date and Chase

At the Atienza's family house, 8:34 pm, Yula was lying on her bed thinking about what I told her in the library. Hence, she feels sad about that. She remembered that Polina and I will meet at the LRT Station at 10:30 in the morning.

"What should I do now? Oner will go to date Polina tomorrow. Oh, come on. Please God, give me a sign to what I'm supposed to do." she said to herself while hugging her pillow.

She opened her email account. She saw the post of her friend states that "A girl shall never surrender her heart, and she must defend him no matter what happen." She feels motivated about that.

"Oh thank you God for the sign. I think I know now what I should do tomorrow. But first I need to prepare. Oner even I intend to kill you, yet I've forgiven you recently because of what you've done to me. I will never forgive you if you do something wrong to Polina," Yula said.

On that same time, I sneezed while washing the dishes. Mother noticed my sneeze.

She asked, "Do you have a cold, son?"

I replied,"No mom, I think someone said my name and maybe missed me. That's all."

Mother just smiles at me. And, she continues to clean table.

I just remember my meeting with Polina tomorrow. I asked her, "Hey mom. Can I ask you something?"

Mom replied with a smile, "Yes my dear. What is that?"

I answered, "Mom, I have been invited by my friend recently. And tomorrow we will meet on the LRT train station. May I go out with her? It's okay if you don't let me go."

My mother was shocked about what I said and then she smirked.

Oh, my! What was that? Why does she smirk at her face? It's totally obvious she misunderstand what I told to her.

My mother replied with a smile, "Yes my son. You can go out with her tomorrow. So you need to prepare for that and make yourself diligently."

Mother, I think you misunderstood what we will do tomorrow. It's obvious that you mistakenly thought we will go for a date.

I replied, "Thank you, mom. But it was not what you think. By the way, it means you will give me an additional allowance tomorrow, right? I love you so much mom." And I give her a hug.

Mother said, "Of course...... NOT, you should use your remaining money. I remembered that I gave you P500 allowance for the whole week. So it means you have P230 remaining. You're a type of person who always use your money for transportation and foods only and will never use the money for nothing."

I can't believe it why she knows that. I replied, "Wow mom, I'd appreciate you distinguish about me, but how did you know that I still have P230?"

Mother said with a smile on her face, "So it's true. Good. You should use it tomorrow. I just tricked you a little bit. Sorry son."

What the heck? Darn it, mother tricked me again.

I said with an angry face, "You tricked me again, mom. Now I know why father can't hide his money from you. You always tricked him."

Mother said, "Haha, you're right. There is a saying, To know if her husband is secretly hiding something from his wife. His wife should wisely do some tricks to know his secret."

I replied, "But I'm not daddy. He is working abroad."

She said, "Son, just remember you will become a father too someday."

I suddenly become quiet and convince to what she mean. When I have finished my work, I proceed to my room, sit on the side of the bed and pray. Then I jump on the bed and take a deep sleep.