The King

Marinette's dark eyes stared into Adrien's own emerald green. The two stood there for a minute unblinking not daring to speak. Then Adrien broke the silence.

"I didn't mean for any of this to happen!" Lady Butterfly cautiously raised an eyebrow. "It was Lila! She saw me detransform! She told my father and for some reason he said I would have to date her to keep you safe! I don't know why he-" Lady Butterfly raised a hand to his lips silencing him.

"I believe you." She took her hand in his and caressed it. Adrien stood there enjoying the physical affection but recoiled when she touched the finger with his ring. She let go of that hand sensing his lack of comfort and settled for his other hand. "I knew Lila had something to do with it. It's always Lila." She scoffed.  

Lady Butterfly let go of his hand and walked over to the wall with the disoriented pictures. "If you join me. We can destroy her. She has caused so much damage. What we do to her won't even match that."

"Mari she doesn't deserve that." Lady Butterfly craned her neck to look at Adrien. Her eyes filled with fury.

"Really? So it was okay to torture me? Remember that Adrien? When you guys hated me you hurt me! You put me in the hospital and that was okay? You know sometimes I feel like you'd rather have Lila as a partner." Lady Butterfly's eyes were now filled with sadness. Her eyes seemed to be changing back to their normal bluebell hue. 

Adrien took a tiny step towards his soulmates. He reached out and grabbed her hand. "Mari, I don't think of you that way. You're the best partner I could ever ask for. I-I can't actually explain why I acted that way when Lila lied though. I do know that I love you."

Lady Butterfly's eyes were filled with tears. "Then join me. If you really feel that way about me join me! Give me the miraculous's and I'll wish that everything was back to the way it used to be. No Lila. I could wish her gone." Lady Butterfly exclaimed. 

"Mari-" Lady Butterfly cut him off.

"Think about it. I'm going to find Lila no matter what. Meet me tomorrow night on the Eiffel Tower at 10:30. Don't be late." Lady Butterfly looked back at him and left through the window. 

Adrien stood there dumbfounded. What would he do? He had to stop her but he had no idea. He grabbed his bag and leapt through the window heading towards Nino's house. When he arrived he was met with Tikki's anxious face. 

"I woke up an you weren't here!" Tikki explained. Adrien looked at the clock. It was 3:30 in the morning. "I thought you got captured or akumatized!" Adrien realized that the little kwami was crying. He couldn't imagine the fear she felt after loosing her owner.

"Aw Tikki." He said holding the little kwami in his hands. 

"Where did you go?" Adrien released his transformation and went to speak but a cranky kwami interrupted him.

"Can I sleep now? Can I have cheese? Adrien can I have extra cheese and a better pillow?" Adrien ignored the tiny god and continued talking to Tikki.

"I needed air so I went out. I decided to go to Mari's house and look around some more. But then Mari showed up." Tikki gasped and covered her mouth with her tiny hands. "She didn;t hurt me or anything but she did want me to team up with her to destroy Lila."

"You didn't agree to here, right?" Tikki asked. Adrien nodded. 

"I didn't but she wants me to meet up with her tomorrow night." Tikki gasped again.

"Adrien- Marinette is unstable. She could crack any minute. You'll need backup!" Adrien pulled out the Miracle Box out of his bag.

"Good thing I have this." Tikki clapped her tiny hands together. 

"Great we'll have to pick a few allies!" Tikki exclaimed. 

"Did you forget about meee?" Plagg whined. Adrien chuckled for the first time in a couple of days.

"Here Plagg." Adrien said handing Plagg some cheese. "Okay so who do we need to have a miraculous?"

"This is going to be hard. A lot of the holders are akumatized!" Tikki pointed out. "Alya, Nino, and Luka are all akumatized. I know that for a fact." 

"What about Chloe?" Adrein asked.

"The Bourgeois girl?" Plagg asked looking up from his food. "Isn't she the one that's gotten akumatized like 100 times and is mean and a backstabber?"

An embarrassed Adrien rubbed his neck. "Yep that's her." 

"I don't know Adrien. She teamed up with Hawkmoth and I don't know if I trust her." Tikki said.

"I trust her! Look, Chloe's been my friend for as long as I can remember and she's a good person."

"Okay Adrien I trust you." Tikki responded. 

"I'll give her the bee miraculous again." Adrien decided. 

"Adrien I hate to interrupt but what are you doing with the Ladybug miraculous?"

"I'm not giving it away."

"What?!" Plagg and Tikki yelled at the same time. 

"If Marinette sees anyone else with her miraculous it will agitate her. It's best if we wait until the akuma is out of her and then give her the earrings."

"If you can get the akuma out." Plagg muttered under his breath.

"Plagg!" Tikki scolded. "I think it's a great plan Adrien!" 

"Great! So I'll talk to Chloe and we'll decide who'll get the other miraculous. Plagg Claws Out!" Adrien summoned.

"Wait let me digest my cheesee!" Plagg whined but it was too late. Adrien was transfomed and on his way to Le Grand Paris with the Miracle Box.