Three

Chapter three:
"Becoming his Tsuguko"

Chapter three: "Becoming his Tsuguko"

➳ [Y/N]'s thoughts are in cursive.

[☁]

"Is this what people in books feel? Is this love?" you asked the girls, daydreaming about Tokito.

The girls had guided you back to your room. In the way back, you couldn't stop fantasizing about that person.

"Maybe you're rushing things, [Y/N]-san" Naho commented, they were looking at you with both troubled and worried eyes.

"Yes! You just met him!" Kiyo agreed.

However, you were too busy coming up with your future children's names to even listen to reason.

"But I've read about this before! And I've never felt my cheeks burn so much! This is fate, girls. We're soulmates!"

Floating flowers appeared around you, your hands still hiding your red-colored cheeks while your whole body spun around the room as if you were a ballerina. Your aura of happiness could've been defined as somewhere between suffocating and contagious.

The girls turned their backs at you and got closer to whisper among themselves, while you were still in the background jumping from side to side squealing.

"...should we tell Kocho-sama about this? I think she hit her head"

"She was super shy 30 minutes ago, and now she's jumping and saying all kinds of crazy stuff"

"What should we do?"

They turned their heads to see you radiating joy. Their frowns softened, knowing that they couldn't blame you for overreacting considering you had been neglected all your life.

They exchanged a reassuring look before coughing to get your attention.

You halted, your toothy smile fading into a softer one.

"[Y/N]-san, Tokito-sama is one of the strongest demon slayers! He's the mist pillar"

Oh? They're going to speak to me about him?

You sat on your bed, cross-legged (sedente position), to pay more attention to them. It was as if you were a little kid eager to learn and the girls were your teachers.

"He became a pillar only two months after becoming a demon slayer"

Fireworks exploded inside your pupils as the girls commented how amazing Tokito was. You mentally fangirled at every single word of admiration they were saying.