Thirty-nine

Thirty-nine:
"Where your happiness lies"

➳ I've been having headaches + fever lately, so writing was rather difficult

I've been having headaches + fever lately, so writing was rather difficult. Instead of writing, I've been learning how to make nice covers since that doesn't make my head hurt more.

Also, my bias towards Kanao is showing, send help.

[☁️]

Drip, drip, drip, fell the tears. The loud whimpers resonated through the butterfly estate's garden, where both known tsuguko were sitting on the edging strip of non-tatami-matted flooring of the household, facing the traditional garden.

In between sobs, another tear rolled. The sounds were clear, yet choked, as you tried to muffle your cries with your arms. You were hugging your knees, Kanao staring at you worriedly. You had been crying the whole day after briefly telling her that Muichiro had kissed your cheek. He made it so hard to let go of him.

"I-I should just stop seeing him a-at all... w-what do you think about me moving in here?"

Kanao shook her head, to which you sobbed again and buried your face in your arms.

"T-Then I'm gonna go live with Kanroji-san...!"

Kanao's face became saddened. Something inside of her despised seeing her one and only friend like that. There was so much that she wanted to say, yet she didn't exactly know if she should and had no idea how to phrase it. There was just a bunch of feelings mixed and stirring her stomach up, ever since she heard what Tanjiro told her.

What Tanjiro... told her.

"People are driven by their hearts so your heart can grow stronger than ever"

"I planned to flip it lots of times until it landed heads"

The remembrance of such events made her close her eyes in deep thought. That happened that very morning, so the feeling was still brand new and confusing. But one thing she knew, that which she didn't need a coin to figure out, was that she didn't want to see you be sad about it.

She stood up, stumbling with her own feet thanks to her nervousness, and jumped off the lifted wood floor to face you. You had lifted your mess of a face up, the large dark circles under your eyes showing how little you had slept the previous night.