Four

Chapter four:
"Goldfish memory mishaps"

Chapter four:"Goldfish memory mishaps"

[☁]

Yet another week had passed by and you couldn't hold your excitement any longer. Training under your crush? It was like a dream come true! You were still resting on the Butterfly mansion, though. Shinobu told you that she told Tokito to come pick you up when she finishes your treatment and checking that you were fine.

The only teeny tiny problem was that he was supposed to come for you two days ago.

Two days.

And he hadn't even sent his crow to say anything about it.

Shinobu was kind of worried, she had seen you talk with the girls about how happy you were, acting childishly while the girls scolded you for getting your hopes up so fast.

"Well, you have a very fragile body. Your defenses are low, so you should take this medicine daily." she commented, handing you papers with the instructions necessary to make a concoction "It appears that you felt better fighting off those demons because your breathing pattern changed, making your circulation better"

"Oh! So learning a different breathing than the one I'm used to will help me get better?"

She nodded.

"You might want to learn total concentration breathing as fast as you can. Make sure to tell Tokito-kun about it."

Shinobu, with her brows knitted, saw you looking out the window, probably waiting for the moment Tokito was going to come for you. She closed her eyes, sighed, opened them again prepared to tell you that maybe he wasn't going to come for you at all.

"Listen, To—"

"He's here!" you yelled, a big smile appeared on your lips. You hoped off the bed and pulled Shinobu's haori excitedly.

"What?" Shinobu's brows raised in surprise, she only stared at you as you attempted to make her move.

"Tokito-sama is here! Come on, hurry!"

While she was hella confused, she shrugged it off and decided to follow you. Honestly, she thought you were a kid receiving a mountain of presents during Christmas. Simply adorable. She couldn't help but chuckle.

You really wanted to call him, but you were too shy to even approach him running. Again, your legs shook like those of a baby deer's.

"Oi! Tokito-kun!" Shinobu called, delicately waving her hand high so he noticed her.

The long haired boy was just passing by the entrance of the estate, minding his own business. He heard his name being called by the familiar voice of a fellow pillar, making him halt and look for that voice.

You two approached him, the insect pillar holding you close to her so you could properly walk.

Tokito stared at the both of you with a bored expression.

"What a relief. I was worried you wouldn't come pick [Y/N] up"

Shinobu hit you with her elbow, encouraging you to say something. Anything.

"Alpn, em... e-ejem... h-hello..." you stuttered out, face as red as a tomato.

Muichiro turned to the both of you completely, instead of remaining sideways towards his actual destination.

"I was on my way to a mission"

"Oh" Shinobu's mouth opened slightly, she blinked twice, processing what the young boy had just said. She then regained her serene posture, with a kind closed-eyes smile. "Did you forget that you had to pick her up two days ago because she's now your tsuguko?

Your eyes travelled from the mist pillar to the insect pillar, internally panicking. A cold sweat ran down your forehead.

Shinobu-san sounds angry, but she's smiling!

Tokito only blinked, almost in slow motion. He tilted his head, his mouth forming a small 'o'.

"...Is that so?"

Oh God, how can he be so adorable?

You were squirming while Shinobu contained herself from killing Tokito and he was lost in thought. The whole situation was so surreal.

"I...um... Shi-Shinobu-san" you pulled her haori, blushing and covering half your face with the long sleeves of your kimono.

Shinobu turned at you, visibly calmer.

Talking to her was easier for you, but his presence made you feel anxious, so you couldn't speak to her at that moment without stuttering.

"I-It's fine, I can wait for Tokito-sama until he comes back from his mission"

Shinobu's expression changed to one of concern.

Tokito, in exchange, straightened his head and looks at you for a minute. You tried to avoid making eye contact, or else you would've died right there of a heart attack.

He nodded, and without saying anything, continued his previous route, walking past the mansion.

"Are you sure, [Y/N]? You'll be wasting time"

You lingered on his leaving figure, hands over your heart.

"It's okay, Shinobu-san. There are things a woman in love must do sometimes, like letting her man go."

Shinobu sweat-dropped, resting a hand on her forehead.

"[Y/N], are we talking about the same thing?"