Nine

Chapter nine:
"Under the rain"

Chapter nine:"Under the rain"

[☁]

You woke up with high spirits, despite the soreness your body was dragging since yesterday's physical strain. You were sure that you'd mastered the first form enough for him to teach you the second.

Hair tied into a high ponytail, dressed up in your training, you were ready to take on another challenge.

Sure, there might be spider-like demons, but Tokito-sama will protect me from those! ...I wish, I hope!

You happily skipped towards the garden's back sliding doors, abruptly stopping when you saw the long haired boy staring the window.

Slowly, you made your way towards him.

"T-Tokito-sama, ...aren't you going to teach me the second form today?"

He shook his head.

"We would have, if it wasn't raining outside"

You blinked thrice, processing what he had stated. Outside, water fell like bullets against the soil, the clouds so dark that you thought they were sick.

Your mouth opened as wide as your eyes, almost popping from their holes. Muichiro could barely look at your troubled expression and not notice the rosy hue that was permanently stuck coloring your cheeks.

«Cute...»

"Ah, but..."

Muichiro's ears perked up, he noticed your sudden change of confusion.

"When you were a trainee, didn't you practice under the rain as well?"

He nodded, expressionless.

"then, then why—?"

"You're going to slip, fall, and injure yourself. It's a waste of time."

True. True.

Your energy had trembled in the air and died. The remaining excitement was nothing more than a thin strand of your master's perfect, mysteriously handsome figure staring into the powerful rain.

Your eyes narrowed as your cheeks burnt harder.

Goddamnit, he's too pleasant to look at.