Twenty-three

Chapter twenty-three:
"Good deeds lead to good things"

Chapter twenty-three:"Good deeds lead to good things"

➳ Long chapter ahead!

I apologize for the cringe in advance.

[☁]

While you two were following a clue that could lead to the demon, you couldn't help but to notice that there was a little girl crying in the middle of the crowded street. You stopped walking, and then thoughtlessly shifted towards the girl. Muichiro only sighed. Just when you two were set on finding the demon, you just had to get distracted with a crybaby. He would've spaced out himself, but his mind was already sick of walking in circles.

You kneeled down in front of the kid and attempted to give her a small smile. "What's wrong?"

The girl, sobbing, tried to dry her never-ending flow of tears. She held a water bag high, inside it was a goldfish that didn't look so... alive.

"I-I w-won a goldie! B-but... but I was walking a-and I fell and... and someone stepped on him! And now it's dead!"

The girl began crying again, this time louder. You grew worried and looked at your master, who was just staring off at the girl with no emotions. To pacify the girl, you gave her your own goldfish, the one Muichiro won for you. The girl looked up at you, trembling, blinking away her tears.

"Take care of it this time, okay?"

The girl nodded, forming a toothy smile as she took it from your hands.

"What? [Y/N], why would you give away tomorrow's dinner?"

Your face contorted into an alarmed expression at his words, blinking rapidly and with your mouth agape.

"That goldfish wasn't meant to be eaten!"

Muichiro's head tilted to the side, his long black locks framing his adorably confused face.

"It wasn't...? Why else would you have a fish for?"

"Oh my God..." you covered your face with your hands, restraining a giggle. "With all due respect, Tokito-sama, I'm surprised your crow is still alive."

"What do you mean? I wouldn't eat my crow."

"Yes, but I'm surprised you haven't forgotten what a crow is at all, or forgotten that it's yours, or..."

Muichiro lost interest in the conversation, taking your hand back into his and beginning to drag you away from the seemingly confused child.