Twenty-seven

Chapter twenty-seven:
"Touch so tender that hurts"

➳ I had a problem with my account, so I couldn't write properly

I had a problem with my account, so I couldn't write properly. Sorry for the wait.

[☁]

Just one week left before the final selection. The ravenette boy was internally panicking despite looking so serene on the inside, and that was mainly due to how cute his tsuguko was, and the fact that Mitsuri had spent two hours explaining to him how love works and why he felt that way.

He sat on the engawa, staying still like a statue, while you finished training the last form of the breath of mist, that which your master had created himself. You wanted to perfect everything, in order to nail the selection. You needed to make him proud, no matter the cost.

"Breath of mist, seventh form: Obscuring Clouds"

You kept repeating the form over and over again, feeling your muscles contract, watching the slightest moves your body made to go with the flow of the attack. You needed to feel it as an extension of your own body. It had to become as easy as breathing or walking; it needed to be natural.

Tired, you began panting. "To... Tokito-sama... any... advice?"

Muichiro raised his head, his expression looked completely dead. It sent chills down your spine, forcing you to turn around and keep trying.

Letting out a sigh, he walked up to you. He attempted to take the sword out of your hands, but his hand grazed yours in the process and sent electricity through his whole body. You felt it too, staring at him with wide eyes and cheeks bright red.

Following the shock, was the hollow sound of the sword hitting the ground.

His heart was lost in the sensation of his skin touching yours, on the warmth and the softness, an unforgettable feeling. For both you and him, it was as if with a single touch, your souls connected.

Blinking, Muichiro kept his calm as you stood there, wide-eyed, in shock. When you finally reacted, you reached for the sword and held it close to you.

"You're a disaster. I taught you to not make those unnecessary moves, to be fully conscious of your muscles and every single fiber of your body. Feel even your blood cells, or you'll end up dead during the selection."

You quickly nodded, listening attentively while he pointed out all your flaws. But, deep inside, you were a little bit disappointed that he didn't even react to the sensation from earlier, so did he not feel anything at all? It was odd, because that had never happened before, you were puzzled.