Thirty-two

Chapter thirty-two:
"Cheating dead husband, demon ex wife"

➳ Flashbacks/Memories will be written in cursive and underlined, like this: This is the example

Also, long chapter ahead!

[☁]

The town where you had the mission was, above all, very industrialized. The buildings, the lights, the people's clothes; it was as if you had been transported into a different world. Your crow, whose name you'd learnt was Mugen, pulled your sleeve every time you got distracted with a colorful shop. Focus was key.

The problem was that you had to speak to people in order to get more meaningful leads. And you were too shy to ask around, much less would you just go up to someone and ask "Good evening, sir. Have you seen a demon around here?".

Your hands were sweating with the thought of talking to anyone. Your crow had even grown tired of your attitude and flew away. It was getting darker, and the crowd of people was getting thinner, but the amount of nervousness inside you remained.

In times like those, you had to focus on what was important, which was slaying a demon, not your feelings. That's why the (cute) face of your stoic master kept popping up in the back of your mind. Closing your eyes and taking in a deep breath, your heart began to calm down. When you opened them again, your fists clenched to gather mental strength.

Searching around without moving from your spot next to a closed candy store, your eyes met a young police officer. He was smoking a cigarette, his eyes were a deep green and he had the face of a baby, rather childish features.

Perfect.

Months ago, three weeks before the selection, Muichiro had forced you to face the outside world. He knew that his tsuguko would be too anxious to gather clues from people, so he gave you tips on how to approach a situation like the one you were in right now.

"First, you look for someone who looks stupid, or naive. Because smart people would probably ignore you since they have better things to do" Muichiro said, making sure that you nodded to confirm that you understood before continuing "You're good with kids, apparently, so you can ask them too. And if you see a police officer who looks young, ask them first. They know a lot about the situation and since they're noobs, they might as well just fall for any cute girl they see."

You tilted you head, a bit confused by the last past. Muichiro had joined the palms of his hands together as he explained, gesturing with them as if he were explaining something easy to a little kid.