Twenty-four

Chapter twenty-four:
"Dreams like clouds at dawn"

Chapter twenty-four:"Dreams like clouds at dawn"

[☁]

It had been five months in total. You had mastered all the forms of the breath of mist, except for the third and seventh one that your master had developed himself. That week, Muichiro and you focused on perfecting the forms that you had already learnt. You had become good enough for him to do light training, dodging your attacks while observing the minimal mistakes of your posture and your decision-making.

You two had been so focused on it that the moon had risen and fallen in the blink of an eye, the morning sun coming to greet your sweaty figure as you panted and gripped your sword tighter, although your legs wouldn't budge. Muichiro looked up at the clear sky, then back at you with a tiredness that showed on the large bags under his eyes.

"Ah, it's dawn... If you were in a real battle, the demon would've become ashes."

Your legs gave in, letting you fall to the garden's grassy ground. Muichiro basically had to drag himself to where you were standing and take the sword from your hand. His eyes were fighting to stay open, his mind was clouded by the sleep monster. You were already entering the sleep realm, your head tilting to the side from where you had been standing.

Neither of you could think clearly.

A week of hard training, and you two had stayed awake for three days straight.

"We should take a shower" he mumbled, (gently) slapping you awake.

Being still sleepy, you nodded and supported yourself on his shoulder. Even with how incredibly tired you two were, you managed to each take turns to wash yourselves in the cold water of a nearby river. The cold actually helped you not fall asleep inside the water and drown.

When you arrived to the estate, the little energy that you had left vanished. You let yourself fall in the middle of the living room, which thankfully was covered in blankets and pillows from the sleepover you had with Muichiro the week before. They were just a mess of blankets and such, but your legs felt so heavy that they didn't have enough strength to move to your room, which was deeper into the mansion.

Your eyes closed just as your body hit a pillow, absent from whatever was happening around you. It didn't even took a second before you drifted into the sleep realm.

Muichiro, on the other hand, was already sleeping soundly on top of the random bed that was closest to the entrance as possible. Although, he couldn't recall putting so many pillows in there, but what did he care? He was tired and forgetful, so maybe it was his mind playing tricks on him again.