Ika-dalawampu't Tatlong Kabanata

Night's PoV

I was looking at my wife who's sleeping peacefully at my side. She looks like an angel. Her face shows no sign of everything that she had been.

When I ask someone to find her, I ask them to search every detail about her too. It's been years since my family adopted her. And all those years she never said a thing about her.

All those years she's been fighting to survive. And when I said fighting it means being controlled to kill people. To hunt people.

All those years she have been dreaming about her past. A nightmare. She's been asking for help silently.

If only she said it...

If only she told us...

If only she trusted me...

Not just loved me...

Then...

Maybe...

I've been able to save her...

She always smiles...

Trying to do anything...

To hide...

The pain that she have been fighting...

Ever since she woke up...

The investigation resulted a trash. It's all about the scene that she was sent to the hospital till we found her. It never said what happened to her before she was sent to the hospital and who sent her there.

And I know that even her...

She doesn't know...

But when she was gone, a months after, when I was at the bar. Trying to prove myself that I wasn't in love with her. Leo walk close to me and punch me.

Telling me what I've done. At first I didn't care about what he was talking about. So I fought back. And he never told me the reason in what's he's talking about.

And the day when they confirmed that Luz was his cousin was also the day he came back to break my ribs. Telling me that I should be thankful that that's all he did to me.

Then a week after I crossed my way with him. With all of his people. Showing me how powerful he is. And telling me what Luz had been since she left the house. Without telling me that she had my kids.

He keeps on watching my steps. Not letting me make a move to find my wife. He even told me that I should sign the annulment paper that Luz sent by her friends not until I begged him not to.

And we met again when I visited her condominium for the second time. I know all of them are angry but they keep themselves so that me and my wife can talk first.

No one knows that I didn't sign the paper except Leo. When Leo gave me another chance, it means I'll do anything he asks. And he ask me a help to do the outside job.

I won't do what he asked because I don't know a certain reason for it so he showed me the papers that have all the details of what happened to my wife before we found her.

That makes me agree to do all the things that he asks especially when it has a connection of what happened to her. And while doing that, I'm also learning on how to handle the situation.

I enrolled myself in an online school to be teach of how I'm going to handle people like that. I'm enrolled as a psychologist.

'I'll make sure that you're ready before it ends.' I whisper.