5.

𝗕𝗢𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗡, 𝗠𝗔𝗦𝗦𝗔𝗖𝗛𝗨𝗦𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗦 *ignore all mistakes*
𝙹𝚊𝚣𝚖𝚢𝚗 𝙽𝚒𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚎☺︎︎

"You sure your gonna be ok today sweetheart." My father rubbed my shoulder trying to make me feel better. Today was the day my older cousin had passed from a mistake shooting. She was like the mother figure I never had because me and my biological mother were never close.

So when I lost her, I lost me for while

"Imma be ight dad." I whispered while putting my hoodie back on. I didn't want to be noticed or bothered today, I just wanted to be alone.

"Ok call me if you want to leave early." I nodded and took the keys to the car because none of my siblings could take me and Miah had already left.

I hopped in and didn't play music, I just started the music and drove off too school. When I was in a bad mood, silence was the best remedy for me. I pulled up to school early and put my car outta sight.

"Hey ma." I looked up where heaven was.

"I don't know why they had to take you so soon, the person who knew me better than I knew myself."

"You was my everything, the mother I never really had. It's not fair, you never got to see me follow the dream I talked about all the time."

"I remembered when you beat up that nigga that was cheating on you, I ain't never seen a nigga more scared of a female before." I laughed to myself remembering the funny moment.

"But you wit god now, watching over you and I promise you imma make you proud, I promise you dawg. I know I'm not the best in school, but I'm trying ma I really am." My voice cracked a little bit.

"But imma be ight, I love you ma keep me safe." Before hopping out the car I made sure I looked like I wasn't crying or anything was wrong with me.

I don't want people worrying about me asking me "r u ok?" like what you gon do if I'm not?

"Thug this shit out Jazmyn" I hopped out the car and put a fake smile on my face quickly after seeing my group of friends.

"Heyyyy bitch." Dessy said while eying down a nigga that had just passed by.

"Hey girllll." I smiled trying to show I was ight. Latto raised his eyebrows at me and made a face.

He knows sum up.

"I'm surprised you here early." Mikey told me making me "laugh" a little bit.

"Mane please I wasn't tryna hear my fathers mouth today." That was partially true, anything goes wrong today imma snap

"Yeo let's head before the bell rings, I'm not tryna hear that bum ass dean mouth again." He thought back to the time me and him had a argument with the dean about going to the bathroom.

I started walking a little bit before Latto pulled me back not letting me go anywhere. I made a confused face while sitting there.

"Y'all coming?" Gio raised his eyebrow at us causing Latto to shake his head no. The boys shot me a look thinking me and Latto had something.

Me and this nigga have never even had a conversation.

"Ight see y'all love birds in class." Syx smirked at us before walking away with the boys. Once they were out of sight Latto pulled me to a car and unlocked the door.

This nigga got a car?

I hopped in the car with him wondering if I was getting kidnapped or not because he was acting too friendly for a quiet guy. Latto started up the car and pulled out of the school drive way and made his way somewhere.

"Sir are you kidnapping me." Latto just laughed and shook his head no. I sat back knowing I wasn't going to get a response out of him. After bout 10 minutes we pulled up to a random ass beach.

"Where the hell you find this beach." He shrugged his shoulders a little bit before waving for me to follow him. He grabbed my hand and started walking me somewhere.

"Where we going, ohhh we gon have luh sex." I smirked at him making latto roll his eyes a bit.

"You ain't say no." He gave me a looked and raised a brow at me before smiling a bit. Then he just shrugged before pulling me down into the sand.

"Where the hell did you find this spot." He shrugged making me realize I asked a dumbass question knowing he wasn't gonna reply.

"So you brought me here because." He thought about how he was gonna tell me while not actually talking.

"Rant." He drew in the sand making me smile because that's a first real word he atleast somehow said to me.

"Are you sure, I don't wanna-." He shook his head yes cutting me off .

How you get cut off by someone who ain't talk

"Today was the day my mother passed, well she wasn't my mother but she was." He looked confused as hell to what I had just said.

"She was my cousin, me and my mother were never close and still aren't so she kinda raised me like this." He waved for me to continue.

"Two years ago, she was shot and killed in a drive by. They didn't mean to kill her just she was wearing the same hoodie the nigga they was looking for as so they killed her." My voice had started cracking a little bit.

"My mom always wanted me to be this person I couldn't be, she wanted me to be perfect and I couldn't be that I could never be. She had a husband that would hit me and touch me and when I tried to tell her about it she would say I'm looking for attention." Latto had wiped a tear I didn't even know was coming down my face.

"But when she found out, by him trying to rape me she called me all type of names and kicked me out da house and let him stay. After that she ain't never been a mother to me cause a mother don't do that to her daughter." I didn't realize I was shaking until Latto grabbed my hand trying to comfort me.

"So I ran off too my cousins house, who let me stay with her and treated me like one of her own."

"But ofc my birth giver had found me and took me back like she cared bout me."

"That bitch ain't care about me, she just wanted money from child support so she could go to country clubs and do fancy things with her friends."

"So with her taking all the money my cousin gave me money, or I hustled enough to make sure I had my own money."

"She was all I had, and they fucking took her from me. She was the only one that understood me, and believed me and trusted me."

"My own mother called the police on me after finding out I was selling, which was fucked up because I couldn't make money any other way. I had to provide for myself, she wouldn't cook me food or buy me clothes nun of it so I had to become independent at 13."

"So my cousin would help me out with everything making sure I was straight."

"But after a while I was getting depressed, so I started smoking at 14 then I would try to hurt myself." I started playing with my bracelets a little bit, they used to hide my scars.

"Then I tried to kill myself." That was the last thing I said before I broke down fully in front of Latto.

"I need her dawg, I ain't the same without my other half." Latto pulled me into a hug and started rubbing circles into my back trying to calm me down.

"The mother I had is gone dawg, only person who I knew had me no matter what after my dad just left me with my mother. She had me and I knew that shit and lived with it knowing she was never gonna leave." I was at this point sobbing heavily getting tears all up in his shirt.

He must care bout me dont he.

"I care." He lifted my head up and looked into my eyes which surprised the fuck out of me.

"I may not say much, or talk at all but I care and I gotchu always. Everything gonna be ok ma." I calmed down and looked into his eyes. He pulled me back into a hug and started rubbing my back again.

"I promise I got you."

He finally talked🥺, but do y'all ship them? Or nah.