2 - "I Don't Scare Easily, Dean."

Y/N's P.O.V.

The feeling of ice cold fingers wrapped gently around my wrist was strangely comforting, but when I opened my eyes and sat up, the only person in the room was Sam, fast asleep in a chair on the other side of the room.
I didn't remember falling asleep, but I did remember clear blue eyes, messy blond hair and a devilish smile. Lucifer healed me, but then nothing.
I pushed the covers off of me, finding myself fully dressed, besides my shoes, but I didn't bother to find them, before I slipped out of the room. I headed down the corridor, following the faint sound of voices, before I came across Dean and Castiel in the library.

"Hey." I smiled tiredly, stretching a little.

"Hey, hi, how are you feeling?" Dean asked and I sat down opposite him.

"Great, honestly, better than I have in months." I smiled slightly and Cas looked at me with narrowed eyes.
"What happened? The last thing I remember is Lucifer healing me and then nothing."

"And you're just okay with the fact that he healed you?" Cas asked and I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I guess? It doesn't matter, does it?" I yawned.
"What time is it?"

"Did you hit your head on the hunt?" Dean asked me and I shook my head, no.
"You weren't scared of him, even when you found out who he was, actually, you were less scared of him when you knew who he was."

"I don't scare easily, Dean. Why the Hell are you treating this like an interrogation? Did I do something to piss you off?" I glared at him and he sighed, looking defeated.

"No, of course not. As soon as he healed you, you collapsed." Dean ran his fingers through his hair.
"It just doesn't make sense how relaxed you were."

"You and Sam raised your guns to the devil just for showing up, you wouldn't have won that fight even if you tried your very best. He didn't threaten you, or me, or Sam, there was no need to act threatened or scared." I stood up and began walking towards the kitchen.

"Where are you going, Y/N?" Dean groaned.

"To get cup of coffee/tea and to find somewhere I'm not gonna be interrogated. Then I'm leaving Kansas entirely. I might go and check out that case." On my way to the kitchen I ran into Sam and he smiled at me tiredly.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" He asked and I rolled my eyes, appreciating his concern, but not in the mood.

"No." I walked into the kitchen and made myself a drink, turning around and dropping it when I saw the angel right in front of me.
"Wow. Thanks." I kneeled down, starting to pick up the pieces of the shattered cup.

"Y/N, They're just worried about you." Cas spoke softly.
"Lucifer is dangerous and you walked straight up to him unarmed. He could have killed you."

"But he didn't. He did the opposite, he healed me." I dropped the pieces of ceramic back onto the floor, leaning back against the wall. Cas came and sat down next to me and I kept my eyes on the mess on the floor.
"I just don't understand. You're an angel, you've done good and bad things. Fuck, you let leviathans loose on earth that's bad, a lot worse than some of what Lucifer has done. He's an angel too, an archangel and I'm not defending all the bad he has done, but he helped you guys with Amara, he didn't have to, but he did."

"I know what your point is, but he corrupted humanity, he-"

"If he hadn't corrupted humanity you wouldn't have met Dean or Sam. Hell, they probably wouldn't have been born because humanity would still be in Eden. You'd just be another angel, still stuck in heaven." He opened his mouth to protest, before closing it again.
"Sam, Dean, you, me, Lucifer, we've all done stupid crap and made bad decisions. It's natural to mess up and rebel, we can't help it, but some people are better at controlling it than others."

"Why are you so eager to defend him?" Cas looked at me, tilting his head slightly.

"I don't know." I replied honestly.
"What I do know, however, is he had no intention of hurting me, I knew it from the moment I looked at him."

"I need to do some reading." Cas spoke quietly, a concentrated look on his face.
"Dean and Sam are just trying to look out for you, you don't have to leave because they're being protective. It just means they care." The angel stood up and held his hand out, before helping me to my feet. He began to leave and my breath got caught in my throat.

"Cas?" He turned to look at me and I smiled a little.
"Thank you." He nodded his head and I turned my attention back to the shattered cup.