10 - "Love is Strength."

Y/N's P.O.V.

"You weren't supposed to die like that." A male voice sighed and I looked around in confusion.
"It's frustrating. I try and fix my mistakes and you and your free will make it worse."

"Where am I? Who are you?" I asked, approaching the brown haired man. He was sat in front of a typewriter, tapping away at the keys.

"You're not in heaven, or Hell, purgatory or the empty." He sighed, not even looking up at me. He gestured for me to sit down and I did, knowing it was the only way I was going to get answers.

"Then where am I?" I asked and he laughed a little.
"An abandoned bar in the middle of nowhere?"

"Somewhere safe." He smiled at the typewriter and even though the guy looked normal enough, he gave off bad vibes.
"Y/N, you're Lucifer's soulmate. Why didn't you let him heal you?"

"Because what would happen if he did? I'm human, I'm going to grow old and die anyway. He can stop me dying unnaturally, but he can't stop old age." He looked up at me suddenly, a smirk on his face.

"You're right. You're human. Fragile, but such a bright soul. Outstanding, definitely some of my best work." Now I was confused. His work? Holy shit.

"You're God." I muttered and he nodded his head, pushing his typewriter to the side as he stood up, going over to the bar.

"I prefer Chuck, honestly." I followed him and he handed me a glass of what looked like whiskey. I drank it in one, cringing slightly as the alcohol burned my throat, before making the stupidest decision ever.
I punched God.
His glass smashed as it hit the floor and he sighed heavily, turning to look at me, a frown on his face.
"I deserved that."

"Do you know how much pain you've put Lucifer through? How much he has suffered?" I punched him again, harder this time and he stumbled back, surprising me slightly.

"Yeah, I kinda deserved that too." He rubbed his jaw.
"I haven't done anything to Lucifer, he did that to himself."

"You made him a villain because he disliked humanity. You made a cage specifically designed for him in Hell and then you locked him in it for centuries." I went to hit him again, but he caught my fist.

"Don't push your luck." He warned.
"Lucifer isn't a villain, he was never a villain. If he had just agreed to accept humans I wouldn't have had to punish him."

"No. I'm human and I hate half of us. We're greedy, sinful, violent creatures. Humans are evil and Lucifer was right about us, but you just couldn't accept that. He loved you more than he loved your work and you loved your work more than you loved him." I looked down at the shattered glass.

"You call humanity flawed, but you've dedicated your life to saving it." God observed and I scoffed.

"Yeah, humanity are flawed, truly, but some of them aren't so bad. Some of them really try to be good. They're the ones I risk my life to protect." I glared at him.
"Dean once said I'm your twisted way of apologising to Lucifer. Is that true?" God hesitated, before nodding his head.
"Then send me back to him."

~

"Y/N?" A voice asked in disbelief and I groaned.
"Guys!"

"Dean?" I asked in confusion, sitting up, only to be pulled into a hug by the hunter.

"You're alive. You're back. How?" I brought my hand up to my head, a painful headache brewing.

"Long story." I muttered and the door opened, revealing Sam.

"Y/N?" Sam looked at me with wide eyes.
"What?"

"We were about to burn your body. We couldn't bring you back. Lucifer checked heaven and Hell, he couldn't find you." Dean helped me up and I sighed.
Lucifer and Cas appeared in the doorway, both of them looking at me in disbelief. I knew they could tell something was different, just by the looks on their faces.

"Your Dad is a huge dick." I sighed, seconds before I almost got knocked over by Lucifer. He hugged me tight and I hugged him back, laughing a little.

"You were with God?" Sam asked and I broke the hug, but Lucifer just hugged me from behind, not seeming to want to let go.

"Yeah. Who knew punching him would hurt so much?" I laughed lightly and Dean shook his head.

"You punched God?" Cas asked in shocked.

"Bearded dude, kinda short, goes by Chuck, you punched that God?" Dean asked, a disbelieving tone in his voice.

"Twice." I added and Lucifer laughed.
"We argued a lot, uh, knocked his drink out of his hand, made a deal."

"What did you give him to make him turn you into an archangel?" Cas asked and both Winchesters tensed up.

"What?" They asked in unison.

"He made me Lucifer's soulmate so he'd learn to appreciate humanity more, but then I raised my opinions and made him realise that if he wanted Lucifer to be happy then giving him a soulmate that could die easily was problematic." I shrugged.
"Y'see, he rather likes this planet and the humans on it, so Lucifer destroying it would be... upsetting. So, I keep Lucifer from doing anything stupid and I get to be an archangel. It's a winning situation for everyone really."

"So you're an archangel?" Sam asked.
"And you punched Chuck because you were arguing with him and then he brought you back to life."

"Oh, no. I punched him the first time because he's a dick and the second time... actually both times were because he's a dick."

~

"Thank God- wait, nope. Fuck him." I muttered, realising my mistake.

"What?" Lucifer asked and I shook my head.

"I'm just glad to be back." I dropped back onto the bed, closing my eyes.
"Though, I'm kinda mad I don't have to sleep anymore."

"You're happy to be back in Hell?" Lucifer asked, laying next to me.

"Yeah. It's a lot less chaotic down here. I mean, chaos can be fun, but it's also exhausting." Lucifer rolled over to look at me and I did the same to him.

"Before you died, you said something. Something important and I just want to know if it's true." He seemed nervous and I took his hand.

"What?" I asked innocently.

"You said something, don't you remember?" He asked and I looked at him.

"Luce, we had a whole conversation, you're gonna have to be a little more specific." He sighed and shook his head.
"No, come on. Tell me. I'm interested now."

"You said, 'I love you'." He spoke quickly and I smiled at him.

"I do. I love you." The look in his eyes softened slightly.
"I know you think love is a weakness, but it's not. Love is strength, because as long as you love someone or something, you have something to fight for." Lucifer kissed me, hard, and I kissed him back.
He pulled me closer and held me tight.

"I think I love you too." He mumbled against my lips and for the first time in years I was genuinely happy.

The End.