3 - "Kill The Witch."

Y/N's P.O.V.

I ended up sticking around for a few more days and the boys all but forgot about the devil dropping by, but it was the only thing on my mind.
Sam, Dean and Cas were a little preoccupied with something else. Something so secret that they spoke in whispers and stopped speaking as soon as I entered the room. It was getting irritating, which is why I had decided to leave. I had found a case a few hours away and I figured I could handle it on my own.

"I'm heading out." I sighed and the three boys looked up from the book they were crowded around.

"What? Where?" Sam asked, looking at me in shock.

"The monsters aren't going to hunt themselves, Sammy. I can't just sit around all day, I have a job to do." I rolled my eyes.

"We'll come with you." Cas offered and I raised an eyebrow.

"I can handle it." I shook my head.
"I'm ready to go, my bag is in my car and I just cane to say goodbye."

"No." Dean said, standing up.
"You can't be on your own right now."

"Why not?" I crossed my arms over my chest and they all looked at each other.

"Just let us come with you." Sam sighed.
"It won't take us too long to get ready."

"No. You've all been avoiding me and whispering, keeping secrets the whole time I've been here and now I'm leaving and you won't let me go on my own? What is going on?" I leaned against the table and Cas closed the book. What looked like Enochian was written on the front and I reached over, taking the book. One glance at the angelic letters and I dropped the book, glaring at the trio.
"Archangels? This is about Lucifer?"

"You can read Enochian?" Cas asked and I nodded.

"I'm only gonna ask once more, before I walk out of here. What the Hell is going on? Why does Lucifer have anything to do with it?" I pushed the book back towards them. None of them dared to say anything and I laughed.
"Whatever. Clearly trust isn't a mutual thing anymore."

"It's not that we don't trust you. Y/N." Dean sounded frustrated.
"We're not entirely sure of the truth yet and it's complicated."

"Well, call me when it's not so complicated."

~

"Shit." This was apparently a bad idea. A very bad idea. I should have just accepted the trio of dumbasses' offer when I had the chance. I struggled with the doorknob as I tried to get into my motel room, feeling like I was boiling from the inside out.
I managed to make it inside, slamming my door shut and immediately taking off my jacket. I took off everything except my jeans and my tank top, stumbling into the bathroom, before turning on the shower. I practically threw myself under the stream of cold water, collapsing under the icy droplets that barely had any effect. The little bit of relief that was provided, gave me a second to breathe, my heart feeling like it was about to break out of my chest.

"What..." The sudden voice made me jump and I was not expecting to find Satan stood in the doorway between the motel bedroom and the bathroom.

"Lucifer?" I asked and he came closer, looking at me in confusion.
"What're you- what are you doing here?" A headache began to form and I leaned my head against the wall, taking deep breaths.

"Your panic, your fear, I could sense it." He snapped his fingers and the water stopped, a whimper escaping my lips. He touched my head, before recoiling, his eyes wide with shock.
"You're burning up."

"Thanks, I didn't notice." I muttered sarcastically, not expecting him to pick me up bridal style. He was strangely cold, like his hands were when he healed me, almost a week ago.

"What happened?" He asked, sitting me down on the bed and I almost whined from the loss of his cold touch. He snapped his fingers and I was no longer sitting in my uncomfortably wet clothes, I was in a tee and sweatpants.
A part of me couldn't process why Lucifer was here, or why he seemed to care, but another part of me knew it had to be related to Sam, Dean and Cas being so secretive.

"A witch cursed me." I mumbled, struggling to breathe from the unbearable heat only I could feel. Lucifer pressed the palm of his hand against my head and I immediately felt cooler, still hot, but it was better than nothing.
"Why are you here?"

"I told you already." He looked at me with a frown.
"A witch did this to you?" I nodded my head and he sat next to me on the bed. I leaned into him and he chuckled slightly.

"You're so cold." I whispered and he sighed.

"Well, contrary to popular belief, Hell isn't full of flames and all you people think I burn hot, but it's quite the opposite." He has a concentrated look on his face.
"Why did the witch curse you?"

"I killed her husband after they used magic to kill innocent people. She said I was coldhearted and wanted to help me 'warm up'." I looked down at the dirty motel carpet with a sigh.
"My body is going to go into shock and I'm going to die."

"No. You're not dying." Lucifer said sternly.

"Why do you care? You're Satan, I'm just a hunter. Why aren't you trying to kill me... or something?" I moved away from him, reality hitting me like a truck.
I was just practically cuddled up to Lucifer, the same archangel that tortured Sam and possessed Cas, the celestial being that has made my friends' lives a living Hell. I thought back on my conversation with Cas, confused on why I felt like I had to protect Lucifer, even after all the bad he has done.

"Y/N. I would never hurt you, you need to believe me." I stood up, feeling weak as I stepped back, away from him.
"I'll prove it to you. How do I break the curse?"

"Kill the witch." The words came out of my mouth before I could even process my thoughts and within the blink of an eye, Lucifer was gone. I collapsed onto the carpet, feeling dizzy and wondering if Lucifer really had shown up, or I was just going crazy.