9 - "Love Is Weakness"

Y/N's P.O.V.

The walk back to the boy's bunker hadn't been an easy one. When I got there, they weren't even home. So I waited by the doorway, having no access to the building, but at least the rain stopped. I waited for a few hours, feeling numb from the cold, before the rumble of the Impala's engine caught my attention. I pulled myself up, shivering and barely able to stand, going towards the garage, where Sam and Dean were stood.

"Y/N?" Sam asked, looking at me in shock. He dropped his bag and cane over and I practically collapsed into him.
"You're freezing. Dean, get Cas!" Sam picked me up and took me inside of the bunker, sitting me down in the library and kneeling down next to me.

"Y/N, what happened? Where's Lucifer?" Dean asked as he and Cas came to my side.

"Y-You guys- you guys were right." I shivered and Dean wrapped a blanket around me.
"Lucifer doesn't- he doesn't care. The evil bastard never did."

~

"Y/N, it's been a few weeks since we heard from you. I know you're busy, but you know you can come by whenever, we'll be here." Dean's voice said over voicemail.
"Nice job on those shifters in Illinois, by the way. Call me back when you get the chance."

"Aww, your little friends miss you." The demon teased. I put down my phone and picked up my angel blade, stepping into the devil's trap.

"What's happening in Hell?" I asked calmly, trailing the blade down the side of his face.

"Why should I tell you? You never were our queen, not really. You're human." He smirked and I made a deep cut down his chest. He hissed in pain and I kept my face blank.

"What's happening in Hell?" I repeated and he looked up at me with black eyes, full of anger.

"How about I kill you and you can take a look yourself, bitch?" He spat and I stabbed him in the thigh with the blade, causing him to cry out, only getting louder as I pulled it back out again.

"What's happening in Hell? I won't ask a fourth time." I wiped the blood from the blade onto the demon's shoulder.

"No, you won't." A voice from behind me said and I spun to see three more black eyed bastards.
"You weren't a great queen, were you? You lasted less than a month, before Lucifer got tired of you. I'm not surprised, honestly." I adjusted my grip on the blade, knowing it would be a hard fight to win.

"Oh yeah, why's that?" I asked, stepping back.

"You're human." They laughed and I moved to attack them, but I was thrown back against the wall almost instantly. I tried to get up, but I had hit my head hard and had to hold onto the wall, even then I was too dizzy to even attempt fighting them.

"Give up, your majesty. You can't win." One of the demons whispered, before punching me, hard. I fell back against the wall and he came closer, laughing. I gasped as a sharp pain pierced through my torso, it was the most painful thing I had ever felt. I looked down at the angel blade, taking deep breaths.

"What is going on?" An angry, yet familiar voice yelled and the demons all looked terrified. I looked up to see Lucifer, his eyes burning red. His eyes fell onto me and the red disappeared instantly.
"All of you get in the throne room now!" He yelled and I leaned my head back against the wall.
The demons left and Lucifer was by my side in an instant

"Hey." I smiled weakly at the archangel and he looked at me with sad eyes.
"It's been a while."

"This is going to hurt." He pulled the blade out and I grabbed onto his arm, pushing him away.
"I need to heal you or you're going to die."

"Good." I said, tearing up.

"No." Lucifer glared at me and I could taste blood.
"You're not allowed to die. Why would you even say that?"

"I'm human, Lucifer. I'm not immortal like you. I'm not a demon. I'm just a pathetic, weak human." Lucifer tried to touch the wound, but I stopped him.
"I've been looking for you for weeks. What did I do wrong?"

"Nothing! I didn't mean that!" He growled.
"I pushed you away to protect you. Demons were plotting against you, I couldn't keep you safe in Hell." He looked at me as tears fell down my cheeks.
"I told you, love is weakness. Having you by my side every day was making me weaker. Let me heal you, please, Y/N."

"No, Lucifer." I sighed.
"I'm going to die and you're going to go back to Hell and forget about me."

"Never." He took both of my hands in his.
"I'll heal you, make you a demon-"

"Demons are worse than humans, you said it yourself." I laughed weakly.
"I don't want to be a demon, Lucifer. I want to be me, me that just got stabbed fighting demons and me that's about to die."

"No." I smiled at him, feeling my energy draining.

"Yes." The archangel pulled me closer to him. A soft kiss was placed on my head as he held me tight.
"Lucifer, I love you." My eyes closed and I was too weak to open them again.