4 - "They Don't Fact-Check The Bible."

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Oh, you're awake, finally." I groaned, rolling over.
"I'm bored, but I killed the witch."

"Yeah, that's a giveaway, considering I'm alive." I opened my eyes, looking at Lucifer, who had a book in his hand and a smirk on his lips.
"How'd you know I was awake?"

"I could sense your panic from halfway across the country and you're wondering how I knew you were awake?" I sat up slightly and Lucifer closed his book.
"Your heartbeat increased slightly and your breathing changed." I looked at the blue eyed angel carefully.
"What?"

"Thank you, Lucifer." A ghost of a smile replaced his cocky smirk, but vanished almost instantly.
"Can I ask you for a favour?"

"Yeah, sure, it's not like I just killed a witch for you and saved your life a few hours ago." His smirk widened and I rolled my eyes.
"I'm joking... just not about killing her, obviously."

"I just need you to tell me something, give me some answers." He nodded his head and I took a breath, thinking about how to word what I wanted to say. I moved to sit on the edge of the bed, facing him.
"Why did you heal me at the bunker?"

"You were hurt." He spoke softly, shrugging like it was the most obvious answer.
I didn't want to use 'but you're Satan and you're supposed to be evil' against him, but I was struggling for other words.

"Then, how did you sense my panic? There must be millions of panicked people right now, millions when the witch cursed me. Why me?" He looked conflicted and for some reason I wanted to take his hand in mine. It was just laying their on his lap.

"Some angels, they choose humans they want to protect. Castiel, for example, chose Sam and Dean. They become a guardian angel, whether they realise it or not." Lucifer explained and I listened carefully.
"I'm your guardian angel, even though it's supposed to be impossible. Archangels aren't supposed to be guardian angels, it was one of dad's stupid and useless rules."

"You're my guardian angel?" I asked in disbelief.

"Look, I was just as surprised as you. I didn't choose you, I just saw you and I knew I had to protect you." I nodded my head.
"It's annoying, actually."

"I guess that explains why I feel calm around you, safe." Lucifer looked at me with curiosity burning in his eyes.

"You don't feel safe with Sam and Dean?" He asked.

"I've been hunting monsters since I was a little kid, I rarely ever feel safe. It doesn't matter how well protected I am or how many monsters I've killed, I can't feel safe because I'll let my guard down and get myself killed." I stretched and Lucifer stood up, looking around slightly.

"You should get ready to go. I'll be back shortly." Lucifer walked towards the door.

"Wait." He looked back at me.
"Where are you going? What am I getting ready for?"

"I won't be long, then I'm taking you back to the Winchester idiots." He walked out without any other explanation and I sat in confusion for a few moments, before deciding I should do as he said and get ready.
Once I was dressed, I picked up the book Lucifer was reading and almost laughed. Of course it was the bible.
"They don't fact check the bible, I swear."

"Shit!" I jumped, looking at Lucifer with wide eyes. He laughed a little and I threw the bible at him, only making him laugh more.
"You dick, you scared me."

"What happened to not letting your guard down?" A smug smirk covered his face and I internally groaned.

"Well, lucky for me, most monsters can't fly around wherever they want." I glared at him slightly and he held up his hands in defence.

"Most monsters don't take you out for diner either." He winked.

"What?"

"You ready to go?" I grabbed my bag and nodded.
"Being human must be exhausting, you have to eat and drink regularly and use the bathroom. I don't know how you do it."

"Being an archangel must be exhausting, flying around, getting whatever you want with the snap of your fingers and being immortal." Lucifer rolled his eyes and I laughed.

"You're a sarcastic little ape, aren't you?" It was my turn to wink at him and he groaned.
"I can't believe I'm stuck protecting your ass."

"You'll learn to love me, eventually." I smirked and he groaned.

"Love is weakness." He muttered and I laughed a little.

"Whatever you say, Angel-Boy."