5 - "Do I Need To Shower, Or Do You Need Better Insults?"

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Dean, it would be great if you could answer your goddamned phone. Call me back." I hung up on the voicemail and dropped my phone into my lap as I continued driving.

"Aww, is he not answering either?" Lucifer teased and I gave him a dirty look, but it only made him laugh.
"You're cute when you're mad."

"I can't just show up to the bunker with you. I don't know if you noticed, but they hate you." He hummed in agreement.
"I mean, you've tried to kill each other how many times now?"

"Do you hate me?" There was a slight vulnerability in his voice and my breath got caught in my throat.

"When Sam and Dean first told me about you, I did. I really hated you for hurting them, but then Cas told me about how you fell. I've always been curious about you, I guess, and I asked about it one night. Is it true God kicked you out of heaven because you loved him more than humanity?" Lucifer nodded briefly.
"I don't hate you, Lucifer. You saved me, took me out for dinner and stayed with me, even though you didn't have to. Besides, your sass and bitchy attitude is kind of amusing."

"For a hairless ape, you're not too bad either." He smiled and it was contagious.

"That's the second time you've compared me to an ape today, do I need to shower, or do you need better insults?"

~

"You're nervous." Lucifer spoke softly as we got out of the car.

"Bad gut feeling." I mumbled, going to knock on the bunker door, but it creaked open. I grabbed the angel blade from my inner jacket pocket and Lucifer let out a noise of surprise.

"That was in there the whole time?" I hushed him, quietly making my way down the stairs. I stepped towards the library, but Lucifer grabbed my wrist.
"Stay close." I nodded and he let go, both of us moving towards the library. A quiet groan could be heard and I saw Sam, leaning against the bookshelf, his hand bloody and against his torso.

"Sam!" I whisper yelled, going over to him.

"Y/N?" He mumbled, barely conscious.

"What happened? Where's Dean and Cas?" He muttered something I didn't understand and I looked back at Lucifer, who rolled his eyes before healing the moose.

"Angels." Sam muttered as a quiet bang echoed through the bunker and I jumped up, grabbing my angel blade and Lucifer's hand, pulling him out of the library and down the hall.
We turned into the armoury, seeing 3 men, a woman holding Cas and Dean against the wall. They both looked pretty beat up and I tightened my hold on Lucifer's hand without even realising it.

"Where is Lucifer and his human?" One of the angels asked and Lucifer cleared his throat.

"Right here. Why would 4 winged nobodies want to know?" Everyone turned to look at us.

"How'd you do this Lucifer?" The woman asked, looking at me.
"It's not part of God's plan."

"Nothing is part of God's plan anymore. I don't even know if he ever actually had a plan." Lucifer stepped in front of me.
"What I do know is you're not getting to Y/N."
The first angel attacked and Lucifer grabbed his own angel blade from his inner pocket.

"That was in there the whole time?" I mocked and he smirked at me. I rushed over to Dean and Cas, seeing they weren't life-threateningly injured.

"You came back." Dean coughed, wincing in pain.

"Yeah, I tried calling, but I can see you were busy." Cas's eyes widened and I turned, just in time to see one of the male angels coming towards me. He was an experienced fighter, but I was better, killing him quickly.

"Sam?" Cas asked and I sighed.

"Lucifer healed him. He'll be fine." Dean looked relieved and so did Cas.
"You know if you had just told me he was my guardian angel, I wouldn't have run off to do that case on my own and none of this would be happening." I looked over to Lucifer, only to see the last angel stab him in the torso. With a snap of his fingers, she disintegrated. He stumbled backwards and I dropped my blade, going over to him.
"Lucifer, shit." He leaned back against the wall, taking deep breaths.

"I'm okay, it's just a flesh wound." He sighed, shakily.
"Angel blades can't kill me anyway."

"But they take longer to heal." I frowned and lifted up his tee. I cringed at the sight and he groaned.
"That's a mess, I'm gonna have to clean it."

"I'm supposed to be the one protecting and saving you." He chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

"He's not your guardian angel." Cas spoke and we both looked at him in confusion.

"What?" Dean, Lucifer and I all asked in unison.

"Lucifer isn't Y/N's guardian angel." Cas repeated, his eyes wide.

"Of course I am." Lucifer stepped forward, before letting out a noise of pain. I grabbed onto him and tried to help him stand up properly, but it wasn't the easiest thing to do.

"No." Cas shook his head.
"It shouldn't even be possible..."

"Cas, you're not making much sense right now, buddy." Dean said through gritted teeth. I began to pull Lucifer, who was heavier than he looked, out of the room.
"Y/N?"

"I'm going to get him stitched up. Someone's got to do it."

"Or we could finish the job?" Dean suggested and I glared at him.
"Y/N, Lucifer has been a constant pain in our asses, if one angel blade won't kill him, maybe multiple will, or they'll weaken him enough so we can lock him somewhere and throw away the key."

"Dean, if you even come near him I will kill you myself. That goes for Sam and Cas too." I said seriously.
"He's hurt because he saved your asses, he healed Sam, it was his idea to come back here and you want to kill him?"

"Y/N-" Dean protested and I helped Lucifer our of the room and down the twisting hallways.

"You'd kill someone for me?" Lucifer joked as I reached the room I stay in when I come here.

"Why wouldn't I? You killed the witch for me." I sat him down on the bed, before going into the bedside draws and pulling out my makeshift first aid box. I cleaned the cut and stitched it up, giving him some pills for the pain, neither of us saying a word until I was done. Although, I don't think it was too much of a problem for Lucifer, who seemed to be in a world of his own.
"What did Cas mean you're not my guardian angel?"

"I don't know and I don't particularly care either." His words were slightly slurred, as if he was drunk. I looked at the bottle of pills, almost laughing when I saw the symptom of drowsiness. Angels didn't sleep, but Lucifer was hurt and drugged, I knew it wouldn't be too long until he was snoring.
"You're my human. So fragile and weak. The only human I like."

"Thanks, Lucifer." I chuckled and put away my first aid box. I stood up and Lucifer grabbed my hand.
"Don't leave me. I can't protect you if you leave me."

"I'll be back. I just need to talk to the boys, okay?" He was kind of cute like this, harmless and sleepy.

"You're my human, no one else's." He let go of my hand, his eyes closing.

"And you're my angel."