8 - "She's Not My Queen."

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Nervous?" Lucifer asked from next to me and I nodded a little.
"Don't be."

"Yeah, I've been hunting demons and monsters my whole life. I shouldn't be nervous, I'm about to walk into a room full of them, practically unarmed." I muttered and Lucifer chuckled.

"They won't touch you." He said seriously.
"They won't get a chance to." I nodded my head and Lucifer led me into the throne room. There had to be at least 50 demons in there with us and I struggled to keep myself calm. Lucifer must have been able to tell, because he pulled me a little closer. There were two large chairs, one slightly bigger than the other. Lucifer sat in the larger chair, gesturing for me to sit next to him in the smaller chair.
"The Queen Of Hell, Y/N L/N."

"She's a human, a hunter." One of the demons said loudly, stepping forward.
"You expect us to bow down to her? You don't bow down to humans, why should we?"

"She's not just a human. She's my human. Your queen. If anyone touches her, you won't get any mercy." Lucifer replied coldly.

"Do you know how many of us she's killed?" The same demon asked.
"She works with the Winchesters. She's not my queen." The demon turned to walk away and Lucifer raised his hand to snap his fingers, but I put my hand over his, stopping him. I pulled the angel blade out of my jacket pocket and a devilish smirk appeared on Lucifer's lips. The demon opened the doors to leave, I stood up and threw the blade, stabbing him in the back. He fell to the ground, dead. I sat back down and all eyes were on me.

"Anyone else have any problems with your new queen?" Lucifer asked and I sat back down. The demons all bowed down and I couldn't help but feel proud of myself.
6 months ago I was sleeping in the back of my car on the side of the road, freezing my ass off and now I'm the queen of Hell.
Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.

~

"Your job sucks." I muttered as the demon left the room and I didn't have to look to know Lucifer was rolling his eyes.
I had been in hell for about a month now and it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The demons feared me enough to avoid me and I could do whatever I wanted.

"You've said that several times, but it's your job too." Lucifer replied and I yawned.
"Go and get some sleep."

"No, I'm good." I leaned back in my throne and a demon knocked on the doors.

"My king, my queen." She bowed as she entered.
"I'm here to report that we have an increase in souls this month. We've gained more than 2000 over our monthly average."

"I don't care. Anything else?" Lucifer asked and she shook her head, no, bowing as she left.
"At least it wasn't another complaint." I hummed in agreement and I could feel his eyes on me.
"Come here."

"I'm sat right next to you." I sighed and looked at him. Unfortunately for me, Satan is a stubborn ass and hard to ignore. I stood up and moved in front of him.
"My king." I said sarcastically and he let out a huff if air, pulling me down into his lap. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I looked at him in shock.

"I'm not your king." He said softly.
"To you, I'm just Lucifer." I relaxed a little, giving him a small smile.

"Okay, what's on your mind, Lucifer?" I asked as he looked down at me.
"Come on, something is bothering you."

"You don't belong down here, you're human, you have the rest of your life to live." I was shocked, to say the least, but Lucifer wasn't finished.
"It was selfish of me to ask you to come down here. You're a hunter, you belong up there. With Sam, Dean and Castiel, saving people, hunting things, it's your life."

"Luce, I want to be here. If I wanted to go back, I would have told you. I like it here, with you." I looked at him.
"No one wants to be a hunter. I just don't have a choice up there, down here, I'm whatever I want to be."

"You're human, Y/N. You don't belong here." Lucifer stated and I pushed away the hurt I felt from that comment. Something changed at that moment, his eyes darkening ever so slightly as he avoided eye contact.
"I don't want you here."

"What?" I stood up and moved away from him. I misheard him, surely.

"Go back to the Winchesters. Tell them they were right. You're just a pathetic, weak human and I'm Satan. I'm evil." Lucifer snapped his fingers and we were stood in the rain in an alley somewhere.

"Lucifer?" I asked, my voice cracking as a tear slid down my cheek. He was gone within a second and my chest ached horribly. I left the alley, soaking with rain, having no money and no phone. My phone was in my bag, which was still in Hell.
Thankfully, I recognised the town almost instantly.
Lucifer had left me cold and alone in Lebanon, Kansas.