𝖽𝗈 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍 𝗍𝗈 𝗀𝖾𝗍 𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗈𝖿 𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾? (𝖼𝗈𝗅𝗅𝖺𝖻)

♪despair- leo.

y/n~ your name

c/n~ crush's name

b/f/n~ best friend's name

b/f/h/c~ best friend's hair colour

♡︎

I don't want to be at this party.

It's only been a couple of hours but I'm already feeling extremely lost and out of place.

The only reason I'm here in the first place is because it's B/F/N's birthday party and I have to be here. She'd been planning it for months and I don't want to disappoint her.

~a few months ago~

"Come on Y/N!" B/F/N whined as she tugged on my arm.

"B/F/N I love you and all but you know how much I hate parties- and let go of my arm!"

B/F/N pouted and released me. She began painting her remaining fingernails a pastel pink colour as she gave me a withering look.

"I've let you off the hook so many times Y/N. I think it's time for you to step out of your comfort zone and come to my party."

I adamantly shook my head and put my earphones back in. The volume turned up as loud as possible to block out B/F/N's whines.

I felt someone grab my earphones and yank them out.

"Ouch! B/F/N what was that for?"

"You know what it's for! Just please come to my party Y/N. I need you there." She emphasised the word 'need' as she stared right into me.

"Fine I'll go. Only for you though- don't get any ideas."

B/F/N squealed and hugged me as tightly as possible, smearing her nail colour onto me in the process.

"You're not gonna regret it Y/N! Just wait and see."

~Back to the present~

"Come to the party she said! I won't regret it she said!" I muttered as I pushed my way through the crowd. I wrapped my arms self-consciously around myself. I'd made the mistake of letting B/F/N choose my dress and she'd just gone and chosen the tightest and shortest one she could find.

I made my way over to the bar in order to get a drink of water. I was feeling incredibly light-headed.

The bartender handed me my glass and I leaned against the counter whilst taking in my surroundings. Most people were either very drunk, dancing on tables or making out with each other rather obviously in corners of the room.

I shuddered. This was definitely not my scene. I should've just stayed at home and pretended I was sick.

I looked around the room for B/F/N. I needed to let her know that I was going and had had enough. I caught a glimpse of long, B/F/H/C hair somewhere on the other side of the room.

"That must be her." I thought as I set my glass down and started to make my way over to her. I felt someone roughly bump against me and I fell face first onto their chest.