𝗊𝗎𝖺𝗋𝖺𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗆𝗈𝗏𝗂𝖾 𝗇𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

i love being un-creative ✌︎
♪just the two of us lofi remix- grover washington jr

y/n~ your name

n/n~ nickname

f/s~ favourite show/anime/whatever

c/n~ crush's name 

Set like right when quarantine started- in the UK anyway

♡︎

"Are you kidding me?!" Was my first reaction to the nationwide quarantine that was placed upon the UK.

The very next day was supposed to be me and my best friend C/N's planned movie night together at his house, just like the old times when we were younger. 

Even though it had not even been 24 hours since quarantine had started, I was already feeling hopelessly bored and spent all day in my room watching Netflix. My friends were spamming the group chat with messages but I felt so unbothered to even read them. The only thing I was actually excited about was me and C/N's movie night.

I took a quick glance at my phone to find no messages from him at all, which was kinda unusual for him.

"Y/N come downstairs! Dinner's ready!" 

With a halfhearted sigh, I got up from my bed and tiredly walked down the stairs to the dining room. I didn't really want to admit how upset I was.

~A few hours later~

After binging yet another season of F/S, I saw that it was almost midnight. Both of my parents were asleep so as quietly as I could, I opened my door and stepped out into the hallway as I was feeling pretty hungry. 

My phone started going off, making me jump and hit the side of my leg against the door.

"Fuck-who the hell is calling me now?" I grimaced and practically crawled back into my room.

"Huh-C/N?"

I audibly gasped at the sudden image of C/N's face on my screen as I had answered it without checking who it was first. Must be because I was half asleep.

"Hey- N/N you ok?"

I could feel a thousand butterflies in my stomach at the sound of my nickname, one that only C/N used. Even though I always laughed it off whenever my friends teased me about C/N, I knew I was very much in love with him.

"Yeah I'm fine... why are you calling me though? You didn't even talk to me once all day and-"

C/N smirked making me flush a dark shade of red. I seriously needed to stop saying my thoughts out loud. 

"You missed me huh? Well if you did you should be very much excited for... hold on."

C/N tilted his phone to the left to show me a bag of half empty popcorn and some Skittles, his laptop slightly in view so I could just about see it was on Netflix.

"Our movie night remember? Now hurry up I've already eaten half of this popcorn."

I grinned and ran downstairs, my excitement completely overtaking the fact that my parents could wake up any second and literally beat my ass.

I took out an unopened bag of salted popcorn from the cupboard as well as some chocolate before rushing upstairs again. shutting the door and throwing myself and my snacks on top of my bed.

"Took you long enough." C/N sighed, mock rolling his eyes.

I stuck my tongue out at him and proceeded to throw a handful of popcorn at him- well at my phone- but it seemed to have the desired effect as C/N threw a handful back.

Pretty soon half of my bag of my popcorn had been thrown at my phone, though I wasn't all that concerned at the wasted food. This had been the most fun I'd had since lock down started.

"C/N this has been the most fun I've had you know? Since lock down started. Throwing pieces of fucking popcorn at our phones."

C/N gave me the weirdest look and popped a piece of popcorn into his mouth. "Y/N... lock down literally started yesterday."

"Ah." I sheepishly replied. "Anyways um... shouldn't we pick this up? I don't fancy sleeping on bits of popcorn or anything-"

"So you miss me as much as I do then."

I paused and slowly turned to face the camera. C/N was giving me an almost endearing look? Though the fact it was 1am probably made me think that way.

"I never said that!" I exclaimed, dragging out the 't' at the end in an attempt to make myself sound less flustered. It wasn't working.

"N/N I know you. Just admit it already."

I scooped the last of the popcorn off of my bed and turned to meet his gaze. He was smiling whilst I was trying my hardest not to.

"Yes alright? Not that it means anythi-

"I like you, Y/N."

All the popcorn I had just collected fell onto the floor, making me curse angrily as I scrambled to pick them up, a furious blush forming on my face as I did so.

"Aw you're to cute sometimes." C/N laughed, making me blush even further. "Goodnight N/N."

And with that he hung up, leaving me sitting speechless on my bedroom floor, popcorn scattered around me like a rather strange photo shoot set up. 

And after all that we didn't even watch the movie.

♡︎

yeah...

~peachy x 

(906 words)

(Edited 28/06/20)