#𝖻𝗅𝖺𝖼𝗄 𝗅𝗂𝗏𝖾𝗌 𝗆𝖺𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋 + 𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗋𝗍 𝗈𝗇𝖾𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗍

please read!!-

hello ☺︎︎

i thought i'd first come on here to speak about something very important.

as you probably all know, the #blacklivesmatter movement has been very active for quite a few days now, in protesting for equal rights and the unfair treatment of people of colour and ethnic minorities. 

i think everyone should do their part in supporting this movement, even if it's just signing a petition or tweeting the # on twitter.

where I am, there are no protests or anything of the sort so i have resorted to doing everything i can from home and i hope you guys can too.

it's really sad to me as this is something that should've been sorted out a long time ago, not something that is still so prominent now. And i just think some of the people in this world need to grow up and stop being so narrow-minded because everyone's lives matter, no matter who you are.

here are some things you can do to help:

this is the petition for justice for George Floyd, a man from minneapolis who got brutally murdered by a police officer. i'll link it as well as a video going into more detail about this in the comments

here is the black lives matter website where you can read more about this as well as officially join the global movement as well. i'll link that as well as the #blacklivesmatter hashtag on twitter so you can either tweet or look into more depth at what people have to say

this a website with lots of links to different charities around the world for you to donate too. i used this because i know not all of you are from the uk like myself. i'll link that in the comments too.

lastly, as someone who isn't black i don't know exactly how you guys feel and i know i never will, but i still think this is so important and something that i hope the next generation will never have to face. it's fitting because right now i'm doing a project in school about racism and even though i'm not even close to having a big platform here on wattpad, i still want to do my part.

stay safe and also happy pride to my lgbtq+ readers 🏳️‍🌈❤

𝑾𝑬 👊🏻𝑨𝑹𝑬 👊🏼𝑻𝑯𝑬👊🏾𝑺𝑨𝑴𝑬👊🏿

-

y/n~ your name

c/n~ crush's name

♡︎

"Do you believe in equality, C/N?"

We were both sitting on my front steps watching the sun set, after such an important yet busy day.

We had both attended one of the Black Lives Matter protests in London earlier today, much to both of our parent's annoyance. They kept on saying 'It isn't safe' and 'Why are you two getting yourselves into this' but we both simply explained that we were fighting for what was right.

C/N peeled off his mask from his face and breathed in some fresh air for the first time in hours. We were still both extremely hot and bothered from wearing them, as well as being part of a large crowd all day.

"Equality?" He asked as he started fiddling with his now broken mask. "Be more specific."

"Well," I started. I looked up towards the sky. It was a full moon tonight and the moon was shining brightly onto both of our faces, making for a bright but natural light. "Do you believe in the fair treatment of others, that everyone matters and deserves to be treated equally no matter who they are."

C/N gave me a soft smile and tilted his head upwards as if in deep thought.

"Of course I do. I wouldn't have gone if I didn't. All of the petitions I've been signing as well as donating to various charities would have been for nothing if we don't get what we're asking for." 

C/N turned to me with a deathly serious look in his eyes, which only came out if he truly believed something was important.

"Some people need to become more accepting and not as narrow-minded. We're in the 21st century, our generation is the one that can make a change for the better. I just know it."

He paused for a second. "We are all the same." He added on, nodding in satisfaction at his little speech. 

I grinned from ear to ear and threw my arms around him. He truly was the most perfect person I knew. Not just because I liked him, but because he was truly passionate about changing the world for the better, regardless of what other people think of him.

"Y/N what're you doing?" He laughed as he hugged me back even tighter. I felt so warm and safe in his arms. It just felt so natural to me.

"Praising you. For doing what is right." I mumbled into his shoulder.

C/N let me go and held me out at arms length, looking down at me with a confused expression.

"Don't praise me for anything Y/N." He said in a serious tone. 

"Only praise me when we've won."

♡︎

it's short but hopefully inspiring? nonetheless

~peachy x

(871 words)

(Edited 28/06/20)