Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes

After Sirius's death I moved back to my parents' house, who had been living at my grandparents' for months now. At least Dora was still there, so I wasn't going to be alone. Remus had moved into Dora's room during my last year at Hogwarts to be closer to Grimmauld Place, and she had settled in our parents' room. It was nice having Remus there, expecially since he had become some sort of uncle/big brother to me from the moment I became part of the Order. He reminded me a lot of Sirius...
„He would be proud of you, Pancake," said Dora one night over dinner.
„Yes, he would. You're on the way to becoming one of the greatest Aurors I've ever met! Sirius would be pleased," Remus replied.
„I just wish he could see me," I said, pushing my food around the plate with my fork. Sadness overcame me every time someone even mentioned his name. He was the only uncle I ever had since my dad's sisters lived abroad and my mum's were Death Eaters. „He loved hearing about what I was learning at Auror training... Sometimes he even asked me to show him the new spells or jinxs I had mastered..."
„I've known Sirius for most of my life and I know he would be telling you that the ones that love us, never really leave us," said Remus. I directed my eyes from my plate to his face. He gave me a weak smile.
„Or," said Dora. „He would be telling you to kick some Death Eater ass." Remus let out a snort and almost choked on his juice.
„That sounds a lot like him," I said laughing for the first time in what seemed like years.

On the bright side, the twins' store was doing amazing. I think it was the only shop still open in Diagon Alley. I used to drop by every evening after my training to visit them. Sometimes, I would even help with the customers, which was actually a lot of fun. And if one night I was too tired to go back home, I would just sleep over. Fred and George had a little two-bedroom apartment above the store, it also had a kitchen and a living room.
„How are you feeling?" Fred asked me one night as we lay naked in his bed.
„I'm... distracted," I answered.
„Distracted in a good way because of all the sex we've been having," he joked, „or in a bad way because of Sirius?"
I laughed. „Because of the sex, of course!" He kissed me. „I do miss him, but I'm more worried about Harry. I know I lost an uncle, but he lost the only family he had left. I would like to see him and tell him that I'm his family as well."
„Well, I'm sure he will be arriving at The Burrow at some point during the summer. We could go and visit — " he suggested.
„Yeah, right. 'Cause we're not there every two days so that you can leave your laundry and pick up the food your mum makes for you," I said sarcastically. We did go to The Burrow a lot. Fred laughed at tickled me.
„Shut up, I meant we could have dinner with them or something. Or we could wait for them to come shopping here! They need school supplies anyway and I know for a fact that Ron's be nagging Mum about bringing him here."
„Or we could do both of those things!"
„Then we will! Whatever makes you smile, babe," said Fred kissing me.

Around two or three weeks had passed since we had met Harry at King's Cross and Moody had threatened the Dursleys, when Dora arrived home with some good news.
„I come from The Burrow, Dumbledore just left Harry there!" she said.
„That's cool! Maybe I could go visit with the twins," I answered, but she wasn't listening anymore. „Earth to Dora? You ok?"
„Is Remus here?" she asked and I shook my head. „I gotta tell you something." She grabbed me by the wrist and dragged me to our parents' room.
„You have feelings for Remus?!" I asked in surprise.
„Don't read my mind!!!" she protested.
„Sorry. Go ahead, talk," I replied.
„Well yeah, I think I do. But he keeps pushing me away. I bet he thinks he's ‚too old and too poor' for me... Bullshit..."
„Just give him some time, Dora! Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to see that you have feelings for someone other than food, but he's a werewolf. And he's probably scared of what that could do to you if you got together. He'll come around, though. Men can't resist us Tonks women," I said jokingly and she slapped my arm.
„Stupid! I hope you're right."
„I'm always right, Nymphadora," knew she hated her name, but I loved teasing her.
„Don't — call me — Nymphadora!" she exclaimed and her hair turned red. I started laughing.