Auntie Muriel

I was thankful to be living with Fred and George instead of with the Weasleys right then because their house was packed with people. Fleur's family had arrived for the wedding and would be staying with the Weasleys. They were really nice people, her mum was very beautiful, her dad very charming and her sister really cute. Harry and Hermione were also there, so there was barely any space left. And that's without counting Remus, Dora, Charlie and Hagrid, who would be arriving later for Harry's birthday celebration.
The twins and I were helping Molly decorate the house. We had bewitched a number of purple lanterns, all emblazoned with a large number '17', to hang in mid-air over the guests. Thanks to Molly's ministrations, George's wound was neat and clean, but I was not yet used to the dark hole in the side of his head, despite the twins' many jokes about it. Hermione made purple and gold streamers erupt from the end of her wand and drape themselves artistically over the trees and bushes.
„Nice," said Ron, as with one final flourish of her wand, Hermione turned the leaves on the crab-apple tree to gold „You've really got an eye for that sort of thing."
„Thank you, Ron!" said Hermione, looking both pleased and a little confused. I had been watching the whole situation and giggled at Ron's attempt to flirt. The twins had gifted him a book about how to charm witches or something like that and there was a whole chapter dedicated to compliments.

„Out of the way, out of the way!" sang Molly, coming through the gate with what appeared to be a giant, beach-ball-sized Snitch floating in front of her, Harry's birthday cake, which Molly was suspending with her wand rather than risk carrying it over the uneven ground. When the cake had finally landed in the middle of the table, Harry said, „That looks amazing, Mrs. Weasley."
„Oh, it's nothing, dear," she said fondly.
By seven o'clock, all the guests had arrived, led into the house by Fred and George, who had waited for them at the end of the lane. Hagrid had honoured the occasion by wearing his best, and horrible, hairy brown suit. Although Remus smiled, he looked rather unhappy. It was all very odd; Dora, beside him, looked simply radiant.
„You guys okay?" I asked Dora so that only she could hear.
„Yep," she answered happily. „Happy birthday, Harry," she said, hugging him tightly.
„Seventeen, eh!" said Hagrid, as he accepted a bucket-sized glass of wine from Fred. „Six years ter the day since we met, Harry, d'yeh remember it?"
„Vaguely," said Harry, grinning up at him. „Didn't you smash down the front door, give Dudley a pig's tail and tell me I was a wizard?"
„I forge' the details," Hagrid chortled. „An' there's Charlie! Always liked him – hey! Charlie!"
Charlie approached, running his hand slightly ruefully over his new, brutally short haircut. He was shorter than Ron, thickset, with a number of burns and scratches up his muscly arms.
„Hi, Hagrid, how's it going?"
„Bin meanin' ter write fer ages. How's Norbert doin'?"
„Norbert?" Charlie laughed. „The Norwegian Ridgeback? We call her Norberta now."
„Wha – Norbert's a girl?"
„Oh yeah," said Charlie.
„How can you tell?" I asked.
„They're a lot more vicious, midget. Just like you!" said Charlie.
„HEY!" I protested and Charlie laughed.
He looked over his shoulder and dropped his voice. „Wish Dad would hurry up and get here. Mum's getting edgy."
We all looked over at Molly. She was trying to talk to Madame Delacour while glancing repeatedly at the gate.
„I think we'd better start without Arthur," she called to the garden at large after a moment or two. „He must have been held up at – oh!"

We all saw it at the same time: a streak of light that came flying across the yard and onto the table, where it resolved itself into a bright silver weasel, which stood on its hind legs and spoke with Mr. Weasley's voice.
„Minister for Magic coming with me." The Patronus dissolved into thin air, leaving Fleur's family peering in astonishment at the place where it had vanished.
„You shouldn't be here. Get out, now!" I said to Remus and Dora.
„Harry – I'm sorry – I'll explain another time –", said Remus at once. He seized Dora's wrist and pulled her away; they reached the fence, climbed over it and vanished from sight. Molly looked bewildered.
„The Minister – but why –? I don't understand –"
But there was no time to discuss the matter; a second later, Mr. Weasley had appeared out of thin air at the gate, accompanied by Rufus Scrimgeour, instantly recognisable by his mane of grizzled hair.
The two newcomers marched across the yard towards the garden and the lantern-lit table, where everybody sat in silence, watching them draw closer. As Scrimgeour came within range of the lantern light, he looked much older than the last time we had met, scraggy and grim.
„Sorry to intrude," said Scrimgeour, as he limped to a halt before the table. „Especially as I can see that I am gatecrashing a party". His eyes lingered for a moment on the giant Snitch cake. „Many happy returns."
„Thanks," said Harry.
„I require a private word with you," Scrimgeour went on. „Also with Mr. Ronald Weasley and Ms. Hermione Granger."
„Us?" said Ron, sounding surprised. „Why us?"
„I shall tell you that when we are somewhere more private," said Scrimgeour. „Is there such a place?" he demanded of Mr. Weasley.
„Yes, of course," said Mr. Weasley, who looked nervous. „The, er, living room, why don't you use that?"
„You can lead the way," Scrimgeour said to Ron. „There will be no need for you to accompany us, Arthur," he told Mr. Weasley and the four of them exited the kitchen.